BPPV-Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo

STOC #
I've had a bout or two with vertigo. The Epley maneuver worked wonders for me. I usually get a slight ringing and "muffling" of my left ear when a session is upcoming, which is handy as a warning, as it did happen on the bike once. Luckily I was able to pull over and stop before I felt very dizzy.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
As an RN I do searches for 'medical stuff' all the time, there are 2 sources I use no matter how many results I get:
The Mayo Clinic and NIH.gov.
MANY thanks for the two site references (now bookmarked) and the informative link. As mentioned I've never heard of crystals in the body but nobody was making any jokes about them so I wasn't sure what was what.

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
A friend of mine had this happen to him. He had to stay off the bike for months, but is now back riding. A colleague also had this happen during a business trip. It was very scary, but doctor diagnosed it and he also returned to normal...good thing it's the winter season so you don't mess up the riding season too much!

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour
Sorry to hear that. Treat it as a one'sy in your life and move on. As stated earlier it may never recur for you. Prayer's for you buddy!

Top Bottom