Brake Light Problem

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I have an 07 ST1300. My brake lights will work from the foot pedal. But not the hand brake. Any ideas what to look for.

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
faulty brake switch up front - can you hear it click when it activates?
Pull the wires off and check continuity across the switch. You can short the wires to verify the brake lights go on and the rest of the circuit is working properly.

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Pull the wires off and check continuity across the switch. You can short the wires to verify the brake lights go on and the rest of the circuit is working properly.
Thanks I will check it in the morning. To dark to see now. I did not here it click.

STOC #
Keith, if the problem isn't in the lever's brake switch, another place to consider is at the connector where we spliced in your cruise control's disengage wire.

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
That was it. The brake light switch is bad. Thanks guys for your help!

John

R.I.P. - 2024/01/22
Rest In Peace
Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Are you one bit surprised? That Dinkie needs professional help! :D You should know that by now.
I believe Dinkie's comment was about the level of corruption achieved by Fire Chief after only a small number of STOC events. He is coming to the Dark Side...........and it has nothing to do with a car tire.

Good one Jason! See you tomorrow.

Bike
BMW R1200RT
They say you act the same as the people you are with. It's not my fault. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Top Bottom