Brake line Length?

peterz

Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
Would any one have the lengths of the brake and clutch lines written down? I am debating going over to braided lines and would like to price the lines and fittings out
since no one makes a kit for the 1300. Mods i thought i posted this already but did not see it any where. Please go easy on me thanks. Peterz

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Would any one have the lengths of the brake and clutch lines written down? I am debating going over to braided lines and would like to price the lines and fittings out
since no one makes a kit for the 1300. Mods i thought i posted this already but did not see it any where. Please go easy on me thanks. Peterz
Peterz, the information you are requesting is apparently guarded like the technology of a downed U.S. drone. I thought getting an aftermarket brake hose 3 inches over OEM length would be a simple matter. I won’t go into the details at this time of my mission to obtain the information but after weeks of researching and talking to various mechanics it has now become a quest! Good luck.

Bike
2015 BMW K1600GT
Would any one have the lengths of the brake...... lines

I've got a front assembly (of sorts), the measurements are:

Line #1 from outside edge of banjo fitting to the outside edge of the block is 19 inches.

Line #2 from outside edge of banjo fitting to the outside edge of the block is 28 1/2 inches.

Line #3 from outside edge to outside edge 19 1/2 inches

Line #4 from outside edge to outside edge 8 inches

Line #5 from outside edge to outside edge 27 1/2 inches

Line #6 from outside edge to outside edge 13 1/2 inches

Line #7 (doh!!! when I looked them up at RonAyers.com I realized #5 was only 1 line and not 2. I started renumbering but obviously didn't move #8 to #7)

Line #8 from outside edge to outside edge 9 1/2 inches

Here's a cleaner picture:

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
I've got a front assembly (of sorts) I can measure If you'd like. Let me know which numbers you are interested in......

I may also measure them as time permits and update this post (check back as I update them (won't again until tomorrow sometime).....

JoeP, I hope PeterZ does not mind me sharing his post, but I would very much appreciate the measured length of #1 line from the Brake Master Cylinder P/N 45125-MCS-G02. Thanks.
Steve

Bike
2015 BMW K1600GT
Be aware that the bottom of hose #1 includes the block, where the hard line (not numbered) bolts into. Likewise, the top of line #2 includes the block that the hard line also bolts into. If you are looking to go with a steel braided line, you'll need to have a banjo fitting at the top and a fitting at the bottom to be able to attach to the hard line. By removing the blocks, the line will be free floating as opposed to being mounted to the bike as is the stock configuration.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Be aware that the bottom of hose #1 includes the block, where the hard line (not numbered) bolts into. Likewise, the top of line #2 includes the block that the hard line also bolts into. If you are looking to go with a steel braided line, you'll need to have a banjo fitting at the top and a fitting at the bottom to be able to attach to the hard line. By removing the blocks, the line will be free floating as opposed to being mounted to the bike as is the stock configuration.
I am painfully aware of the block at the bottom. It's caused me much anxiety in trying to figure out how to add a steel braided line 2-3" over stock. I have a mechanic telling me that he can do this by removing the block; ordering a steel braded line with a banjo fitting at the lower end; then adding a fitting on the end of the metal "U" line that exits the block that will accomodate the lower banjo fitting. This would leave the bottom block in place as stock with the opposite end of the metal "U" line in tact. Man that sounds complicated! Did it make sense? I appreciate you allowing me to glob on to your post, I've been trying to figure this problem out for a while.
Steve

Top Bottom