Brass Tee

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Of course we are overthinking it. The original piece never needed hardware store re-engineering. Think of the tens of millions of just Honda motorcycles and automobiles out there with plastic fittings in the cooling system. Oh the horror….. even the radiator of my ‘09 Fit is mostly plastic and the thing has two 90 degree plastic fittings between the radiator and overflow tank without clamps at all. The one in my driveway has 175,xxx miles on it just waiting to fail.

OP
OP
ASPC
Bike
07 ST1300 ABS
Of course we are overthinking it. The original piece never needed hardware store re-engineering. Think of the tens of millions of just Honda motorcycles and automobiles out there with plastic fittings in the cooling system. Oh the horror….. even the radiator of my ‘09 Fit is mostly plastic and the thing has two 90 degree plastic fittings between the radiator and overflow tank without clamps at all. The one in my driveway has 175,xxx miles on it just waiting to fail.
People have had them fail on the road. Mine was leaking. So I replaced it with something better. You realize the part and others like it I fitted is used on vehicles of many types for transmission lines, cooler, fuel and vacuum lines etc. No different than it has been used for here.

OP
OP
ASPC
Bike
07 ST1300 ABS
I still have 2 pieces left.
The combination 6-6-8mm was not to be found in all of Europe. The Chinese Ali-Baba had them. Ordered and after 4 weeks they were there. One cost about 5 dollars. They are a perfect fit and the one in my pan, has been doing its job for 2 years without complaint.
Holm from Germany
Do you have the info on this part, contact info etc?

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
I've checked my ST and the BIG BOOK - I'm buggered if I can find this Tee anywhere!

Any hints?

Bike
2005 st1300
Do you have the info on this part, contact info etc?

Not sure if the orientations will work but the sizes work (the pics shows metric but the description shows standard, not that it will matter)

OP
OP
ASPC
Bike
07 ST1300 ABS

Not sure if the orientations will work but the sizes work (the pics shows metric but the description shows standard, not that it will matter)
Excellent, thank you!

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I've checked my ST and the BIG BOOK - I'm buggered if I can find this Tee anywhere!

Any hints?
Have a look at the below post.

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
Thanks for the link Andrew, as I'm stripped down for Winter maintenance it's good to chase this item and check it out. :thumb:

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Mine works fine!

5233B773-2F45-435A-9B70-C84BBA8FA2CA.jpeg
Nice job! Anything plastic going through coolant heat cycles is prone to failure, just like the wisdom of this forum suggested. The automotive industry is discovering that too.
Now you should never have issues with at least "that part" stranding you on the road. Some don't seem to mind breaking down while out riding, not my idea of fun though. :)

Top Bottom