Bridgestone BT 32

PmodelinUS

Site Supporter
Bike
1993 Honda ST1100
2024 Miles
I just had a set put on about a week or 2 ago. After almost 600 miles on them I can say I love them to death. Nice and grippy in the curves and under heavy breaking. Handles wells and rides very nice. Couldn't be happier. Haven't played in the rain yet, but if I'm lucky I may get a chance today.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I just had a set put on about a week or 2 ago. After almost 600 miles on them I can say I love them to death. Nice and grippy in the curves and under heavy breaking. Handles wells and rides very nice. Couldn't be happier. Haven't played in the rain yet, but if I'm lucky I may get a chance today.
How do they compair to the 31’s?

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
I'm nearing the end of my 2nd set of BA 32GT's now.
Not seeing a mileage difference compared to the 31's, of which I ran 7 rears and 4 fronts.
With my "spirited" riding habbits, I pretty consistantly get about 4k on the rear (no rain performace last 500-1000mi) and about 7500 on the front.
Wish the back lasted longer, but these fronts are awesome, with no cupping and very even wear.

Reactions: Djc

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I'm nearing the end of my 2nd set of BA 32GT's now.
Not seeing a mileage difference compared to the 31's, of which I ran 7 rears and 4 fronts.
With my "spirited" riding habbits, I pretty consistantly get about 4k on the rear (no rain performace last 500-1000mi) and about 7500 on the front.
Wish the back lasted longer, but these fronts are awesome, with no cupping and very even wear.
4k? I guess you do like “spirited” riding! I got 11,000 out if my last 31’s, but i ride like a geezer!
Does the rubber feel softer and more grippy, or harder and looser in the rain?
Thanks!

OP
OP
Raia
Bike
St1300PA
good to hear, I’ve been running pirellis last 70k but I couldn’t get them in time for next Wednesday ( my fault should’ve ordered two weeks ago ) I’d get between 7- 8 k out of them , what do most guys get in milage and with what tires ?

CruSTy

My Perception is my reality.
Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
2024 Miles
STOC #
I mounted a set on a 2008 st. The test ride was definitely positive. Felt solid and grippy. No review on mileage yet,

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
Got a bit turn around when you said BT32's and my mind changed it to BT23's
As you see in the pictures below, they are just called T30, T31 T32's
But, of all the Bridgestones that I have burnt up, BT 023's have been my favourite.

Attachments

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
I love the T32s. Just fitted my 3rd set. They last marginally longer than 020s, but the wear distribution is much better, feeling good until they were down to the wear bars. No squaring off that I could feel. Front had plenty of tread left when I changed them, but I prefer to change as a pair.

My mileage will put you off, but don't let it. Rough textured roads, two up touring fully loaded means I don't expect to get much more than 5000 miles from a set. This is way down on what others get, so its not a good figure to use, but the T32s are better than all if the other Bridgestones I have had, more fun, and inspire confidence.

Also, i noticed from the lip on the edge of the treads, that my acceleration and deceleration is not as smooth as it could be - again the wear affected by the rough roads, heavy loads and the steep hills we like to ride.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
This is a picture of my T32 at 4500 miles riding the last couple of weeks in ID, OR, CA, WA. I can't blame the tire. The road surfaces are very abrasive and the riding was "spirited". I like the T32. It wears nice in that it does not flatten off like the Michelins.

As an aside.... a big shoutout to Hansen's BMW in Medford, OR who got me back on the road in less than 2 hours without an appointment. I took the wheel off in their parking lot and they quickly put on a Metzler Z8 180/55 which was all they had.

While I am at it, a big shoutout also to ProCalibre of Bend, Oregon who replaced a rear wheel bearing in a few hours. Again I just dropped in. These are the dealers that do not get enough recognition. We hare too much negative and not enough good.

T32a.jpg

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I checked them in the morning and it had not reached the wear bars yet. 400kms later and it looked like this. It was a GREAT road:biggrin:

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
This is a picture of my T32 at 4500 miles
It's good to see that the T32 can wear so evenly. A couple of things about the rear Metz z8 (hwm ??),, as I had one a couple of years ago,, so keep an eye out. One,, I and others found that the center tread wore through,,, right after the wear bars were reached. Two, my tire had a harmonic vibration,,, and other riders on various sport touring bikes reported the same. It improved after about 6 thousand kilometers. I was really disappointed in that tire,, as I had high hopes for it. It was a 180/70zr17 hwm, and the random harmonic is not supported by distributors on warranty. So,, word to the wise,,, cheers,, CAt'

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
It's good to see that the T32 can wear so evenly. A couple of things about the rear Metz z8 (hwm ??),, as I had one a couple of years ago,, so keep an eye out. One,, I and others found that the center tread wore through,,, right after the wear bars were reached. Two, my tire had a harmonic vibration,,, and other riders on various sport touring bikes reported the same. It improved after about 6 thousand kilometers. I was really disappointed in that tire,, as I had high hopes for it. It was a 180/70zr17 hwm, and the random harmonic is not supported by distributors on warranty. So,, word to the wise,,, cheers,, CAt'
The main reason I have switched over from the Michelins to the BS's is the difference in wear. I always found the Michelins handling deteriorated pretty bad the last half of the tire. The BS's maintain good handling right up until the end.
This is the second Z8 that I have had on the bike. The first was a few years ago and I cannot recall anything bad about it. Nothing outstanding either. I have about 2,000 miles on this one and have not noticed anything yet.
The size I put on each time is 180/55-17 not a 180/70-17 so maybe that is the difference?

Time will tell I guess. At the point I was at, I was glad to get something round, that fit, and held air.:)

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
The size I put on each time is 180/55-17 not a 180/70-17 so maybe that is the difference?
sorry,,, I messed up the aspect,, meant to say z8 180/55zr17 hwm. The harmonic vibration that the z8 rears display is random, not every tire. So if you are not experiencing anything abnormal,,, you likely won't. The problem is related to the fiber tensioning used in the z8 design and build process, as described on their website. I switched back to the metz Roadtec-01, which has always delivered premium performance at a premium price (and so it should). Cheers,, CAt'

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I put T32 GTs on my RT and I might get 5k out of them. At 4300 they are getting very close to the wear bars.

I had 5400 on my RS IIIs before putting the T32s on for a longer trip but they look better at this point so they'll go on next to see how far they go. I have a new set of RS IIIs ready after that as they were much cheaper than anything else out other than shinkos. They are prob discounting them to push the RS IVs which are price-wise getting close to PR6 GTs at this point.

Top Bottom