Bridgestone Cupping Problem

LDD

Folks
I'm on my second set of OEM Bridgestones and the cupping has started again around 4000 miles on the rear tire. I got about 11500 out of the first rear tire with the same issues. My tire pressure is good. I do have a Givi V47 on the bag and "necessary" road gear in the side bags but not a great deal of weight. Very seldom ride two up. Any ideas before I hunt for a new brand of tire.

OP
OP

LDD

I've never seen cupping like this from normal wear on a bike. All the cupping is not on the centerline so the bike tens to ride fine on a line. I owned a HD Sportglide (FXRT) for 19 years previously. Same basic load, weight and layout. Always ran Dunlops (491s and 591s) with no problems and about 12000 per tire and I don't run them below about 4/32 of tread.

OP
OP

LDD

And that's what I thought my have happened on the first set as I rode about 3600 miles in two weeks on a cross country trip and only checked pressure before I started. This second set has identified a trend. Don't believe I'm riding the tires that hard.:confused:

Top Bottom