Bridgestone T32 R non GT

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
My PO rode the bike south to the Blue ridge, and found before he finished that he needed a new rear tire and brake pads. The only dealer available to him mounted a "non-gt" rear tire that I inherited. All I can say is that it showed loose grip on the local roundabouts,,, which caused me a few grey hairs,, and soon both tires were replaced by a set of Pirelli gt's. Many ST13 riders get along fine with non-GT tires,,, as it just depends how you are going to use them. My opinion,,, is that if you are going to push them, and/or load them,, then the extra strong carcass is worth it. Cheers,,, CAt'

OP
OP
woodybelle

woodybelle

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300
Thanks Cat, I found out that Revzilla only charges $7.99 to ship the wrong tire back so I ordered a GT. The first tire got to my house the day after I ordered it so hopefully the next tire will be here today or tomorrow.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Has anyone run a non GT rear on their ST1300 and was it satisfactory?
My experience buying dozens and dozens of tires for my ST 1100 and ST 1300 has been that when a tire manufacturer offers two more or less similar types of tires and one of them is labelled "GT" (Grand Touring), it usually means that the GT tire is designed for high mileage.

For years and years, I ran with Metzeler Z series tires (Z4, Z6, Z8) on my ST 1100. They were delightful tires, amazing grip, they stuck to the road like sh*t on a blanket, but only lasted about 5,000 miles. Last year, my dealer installed a Metzeler "GT" tire on the back by mistake. I've now put 5,000 miles on that tire and hardly even worn off the mold marks. So far as performance (grip, etc.) is concerned, I can't detect any difference between this GT tire and the previous Z6 and Z8 tires.

Michael

Top Bottom