Broken foot continued.....

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
Well it's still broke but mending, this is the Xray from surgery #2 they tell me I will be jacked up through
February and not back to somewhat normal till June. That Sucks but check out my new and outfitted knee scooter
actually it's quite fun. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers, hey you can't keep an old biker down.
If I have any cool products you need call me I need something to do...
Has anybody here ever been to Tahiti? my wife and I are thinking of going and sitting on the beach and
just enjoying.........
Ride Safe
Dave
motorcycledave@mac.com

IMG_3980.jpg

IMG_4209.JPG

OP
OP
Motorcycle Dave
Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
Stupid question...did this happen from the bike falling in the garage? That’s a lot of hardware on the xray.
Heal well, and quickly! Lisfranc fracture/ dislocation?
No bike just me falling down, I can't even blame it on chasing women, foot ball, car wreck nothing just fell down....

Bike
1998 ST 1100
Hi, Dave: In answer to your question about Tahiti, my wife and I took a cruise there several years ago and enjoyed it very much. It consists of many different islands, i.e. Bora Bora, Moraia, Riatia, etc. The capital, Papaette, feels like a third world country so I wouldn't pick it for an extended stay. Keep in mind that Tahiti is a French territory and they impose a value added tax on everything so it's very expensive to eat, shop, etc. If it was me, I'd choose Maui if I wanted to enjoy the beach.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I have to assume the orthopedic surgeon knows what he is doing, but from a wood working pov, (yeah, your hand is not made of wood) that is a very messy repair. Next time find a better cabinetmaker/craftsman. Better yet, take care so there is NO next time. You will drive the scanners crazy at airports and city halls.

Hope you mend faster than the projections.

Bike
VStrom 650
Love the Scoot, hate the foot. Ouch. JIS Screw overload or what.
Tahiti.... :think1: ......why wouldn't ya. But don't drink :wine2:too much and fall over. I haven't got a clue what too much is.
Upt'North.

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Well it's still broke but mending, this is the Xray from surgery #2 they tell me I will be jacked up through
February and not back to somewhat normal till June. That Sucks but check out my new and outfitted knee scooter
actually it's quite fun. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers, hey you can't keep an old biker down.
Has anybody here ever been to Tahiti? my wife and I are thinking of going and sitting on the beach and
just enjoying.........
Ride Safe
Dave
motorcycledave@mac.com

IMG_3980.jpg

IMG_4209.JPG
Stihl chainsaw motor with slipper clutch and you are back on the road on that scooter.

jrp

Bike
ST1100AW
STOC #
just enjoying.........
Ride Safe
Dave
motorcycledave@mac.com

IMG_3980.jpg

IMG_4209.JPG
Hi Dave,

Sorry to read about your broken foot. Glad you are on the mend.

With regards to French Polynesia (which is the proper name of the country; Tahiti is only but one island in one of five island groups in French Polynesia):

Last year, I captained a sailboat from North America to French Polynesia. We visited the Marquesas and Tuamotu island groups before sailing to Tahiti. Tahiti is part of the Society Islands group. It was my first time in French Polynesia.

Tahiti is the seat of government for French Polynesia and is also the most densely populated island by far in the country (it has 68% of the population). I spent a month on Tahiti.

If I were going back, I would get off of Tahiti as soon as possible after arriving. I say this because, while there are nice areas of Tahiti island outside of Papeete, you don't really get the experience of Polynesia until you get to some of the other islands, ideally outside of the Society Islands group.

Jeff

P.S. To the person who made the comment about Papeete feeling like a third world country; I wonder if you have ever been to a third world country.

Last edited:
Sharpes, Florida , formally, Nevada City, CA
Bike
GL1800, ST1300
STOC #
Hi, Dave: In answer to your question about Tahiti, my wife and I took a cruise there several years ago and enjoyed it very much. It consists of many different islands, i.e. Bora Bora, Moraia, Riatia, etc. The capital, Papaette, feels like a third world country so I wouldn't pick it for an extended stay. Keep in mind that Tahiti is a French territory and they impose a value added tax on everything so it's very expensive to eat, shop, etc. If it was me, I'd choose Maui if I wanted to enjoy the beach.
If you want to enjoy the beaches, come to Florida or go to the Bahama's. Hawaii has gotten way too expensive and Maui way over populated.

Bike
'06 ST 1300
STOC #
looks like you broke your foot worse than I did dave, hope all goes well with the healing. MRI showed me to have a couple pulled tendons and a detached tendon as well as a chipped bone, the initial break has mended

OP
OP
Motorcycle Dave
Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
looks like you broke your foot worse than I did dave, hope all goes well with the healing. MRI showed me to have a couple pulled tendons and a detached tendon as well as a chipped bone, the initial break has mended
I sure as hell don't wish this on anybody, lost a whole year of riding

Top Bottom