BT020 F spec vs M??

Bike
2007 ST1300
I thought I had pretty much decided to go ahead and put another set of 020's on the ST this spring, but I'm not having any luck finding an "F" spec rear... several tire sellers are pushing an "M" spec tire for the ST. I did some research and see that the M spec tire has a load rating suitable for the ST, but the M spec shows as a bias ply tire instead of a radial tire...... do I care? Will the M spec ride / handle differently than the F spec? If I really need the F spec, does anyone happen to know who carries them?

Thanks,
Brian

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
On a 1300, you definitely want the F. The M is a BMW OEM tire that's V rated but not Z.

SW Moto Tires usually has them in stock and gets 'em to you quick.

--Mark

Viggo

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Last I checked, Honda DirectLine had f series in stock. Delivery is quick and their prices are very competitive.

Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
If its a Honda Dealer, have them look under Honda OEM instead of 020 F,

I usually have to guide the parts guy to it each time. They wilL tell you that the 020 F is not availible, Ask for the OEM and they find it. sometimes for a better price too.

Chris

Gonzo

3/4 Century of Trivia
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
When my original F tire (rear) got a humungous hole in it I called my local STealer from whom I purchased my ride.

They had one, I had them hold it, and I put it on.

This was all before I knew there was a difference. The new tire was the old spec tire, not the F. They didn't bother to explain.

Just one of the reasons I no longer do business with Bert's Mega Mall.

+1 on SWMoto. Least expensive and quick shipment.

gonzo

Top Bottom