Bushtec ceasing trailer production

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I was reading that effective today Bushtec is only selling parts and repairs. No more new trailers are being produced after the existing small inventory is done.
End of an era if it's true. This is what written on the Bushtec's Book of Face page.

"Dear Bushtec Customers,

It’s well known that the pull behind motorcycle trailer business has been declining for the past 15 years and continues to decline year after year.

I purchased Bushtec Trailers in March 2017 when the previous owner decided to close it. I have tried to add other product lines to Bushtec with no success to offset the decline in Bushtec fiberglass trailer sales. I downsized Bushtec from 32 employees in 2017 when I purchased it, to 8 employees in 2023 to make the company profitable. In 2020, after Covid, I had to raise the price of the Bushtec trailer to allow for price and wage increases.

Due to the low sales volume of trailers in 2022 and 2023 I decided to stop making the Bushtec fiberglass trailer. Bushtec will continue to sell replacement parts, hitches, wiring, wheels, tires, etc. Bushtec will also continue to service and repair trailers including re-paints. Bushtec does currently have 17 new and used trailers for sale.

So effective today, February 5th, 2024, Bushtec will no longer manufacture new trailers.
We do have the following fiberglass bodies available to build and color match to your bike; 2 - Roadstars, 1 - Turbo, 1 – Quantum Sport, 1 – Xplorer and 1 – RoadMaster with Roadstar fenders (looks great behind a Harley trike).

Thank you for being loyal Bushtec customers.

Sincerely,

Tony Simpson
Owner of Bushtec Trailers "

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
End of an Era.
Indeed.
Their trailers are amazing, and this is sad, sad news.
I'm on their email list, and I had not heard anything about this.
Damn.
That Tow-Tow model dog carrier is the schnitzel.
*heavy sigh*

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Not surprising... motorcycling in general has been in decline for probably all markets except maybe the smaller bikes in 3rd world countries.

Top Bottom