Buying a Wee

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
No, I'm not abandoning my ST. While my better half and I are still bringing in a few bucks, we decided I could add a second bike to the stable. I have a couple of health issues and am aware the weight of the ST will be a concern in the future. Therefore, now is the time to buy a bike that will allow me to attend events for years to come. The Wee fits my needs and should be fun. Oh boy, a new bike to farkle.

Greg Kane. :D

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
Congratulations Greg! John in Illinois is thinking about the same thing. I guess all of us want more than one bike in the garage. Let us know how it fits the bill.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Cool Greg, when are you getting it? Moonshine would be a good break in run for you.

Bike
2010 CB1100
STOC #
OK, I'll bite. What is a "wee" :confused: (other than the obvious) and why would you call a bike after a stream of urine?

I know that English is an ever evolving language, but . . . . . ?

Bike
2007 ST1300A6
A Wee is the 650cc Vstrom, smaller brother of the 1000cc version (which is the Vee), hence Wee for smaller :)

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Greg, you might want to look at the Versys as well before you pull trigger.
I might add the new Tiger 800. When I test rode them there was a Wee and a Versys owner doing the same thing. They were both :drool1: along with me. "Funnest" bike I have ever ridden.

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
I did consider some of the other bikes mentioned, but budget is also a factor. I found an '08 with 6000 miles at a fantastic price if we can finalize a deal. Truly a lot of bang for the buck. It is yellow, here-forward to be called Goldfinger (pick any finger you want:)). I should be quite visible with the color and my hi-viz gear.

Greg

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Sounds like you found a great deal! Have fun setting it up the way that will work for you! Congratulations and enjoy! I am also hoping your health issues are not to serious.

Mike

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
Two friends of mine own Wees as second bikes to the ST. They like them well enough to ride them down to CampSTOC with John and I on an 11 day trip. Says something, as in you may get along well with your new ride. Bones loves his Versys as well. Congratulations on the new ride.

Bike
2010 CB1100
STOC #
Thanks for the explanation, longdog!

Strongly recommend to our American friends that if you ever come to Australia, do not announce that you ride a "wee".

Hilarity will ensue. :rofl1:

Bike
2008 VStrom 650
I did consider some of the other bikes mentioned, but budget is also a factor. I found an '08 with 6000 miles at a fantastic price if we can finalize a deal. Truly a lot of bang for the buck. It is yellow, here-forward to be called Goldfinger (pick any finger you want:)). I should be quite visible with the color and my hi-viz gear.

Greg
I dont think you can find any more bang for the buck than a WeeStrom.
Good choice on the 08 and since it is yellow and black its a "WeeBee" and just nicely broken in with that mileage.
I have had a flat black 08abs for a couple of years now and it is a great complimentary bike to the ST as it is lots of fun on the dirt roads and for solo riding. I am looking forward to taking the Wee on a 10 day trip to CampSTOC in a couple of months. If my wife decides not to ride pillion any more, I would sell the ST and keep the Wee.

Top Bottom