Buying my first ST1300

Greetings -- Just joined the forum. Wanted to say 'hey'. Closing on a 2007 ST today. Live in western PA, north of Pittsburgh (anyone else?). Been riding since I was young. Really looking forward to the ST. Hope you are easy on the newbie! I'll have lots of questions but the forum looks rich with info. I am very comfortable doing my own wrenching and installing farkles -- even designing and building personalized farkles when necessary/desired.

VetteJim

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Welcome from NE Ohio. PA has some good riding roads down there - enjoy!

STOC #
Welcome to a great forum and the ST which I consider to be one of the best kept secrets in motorcycles.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I'll have lots of questions but the forum looks rich with info.
Fire away!
I have been around here for a while and I am still amazed that no matter how obscure or unusual the issue is someone always has the answer or a very good idea as to what the cause is.

The below article is a good starting point for you;
Maintenance Items Needed for a New (old) Bike

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Welcome from central Virginia.
Live in western PA, north of Pittsburgh (anyone else?).
No, but a friend and I plan on passing through on the way to Cleveland to see the eclipse next year.

Have you ever eaten at Burgatory in Cranberry? We're looking at it as a lunch stop on the ride up.

Bike
2009 ST1300
Greetings -- Just joined the forum. Wanted to say 'hey'. Closing on a 2007 ST today. Live in western PA, north of Pittsburgh (anyone else?). Been riding since I was young. Really looking forward to the ST. Hope you are easy on the newbie! I'll have lots of questions but the forum looks rich with info. I am very comfortable doing my own wrenching and installing farkles -- even designing and building personalized farkles when necessary/desired.
Welcome to the forum. Very informative! Lived in Greensburg,Pa when young. Graduated from Duquesne. Now live in North Carolina

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Welcome from Nova Scotia. I own a 07 with abs.. love it. You will to until.....
Na just joking. Lots of great help here

20161106_133604.jpg

Reactions: Obo
OP
OP
Welcome from central Virginia.

No, but a friend and I plan on passing through on the way to Cleveland to see the eclipse next year.

Have you ever eaten at Burgatory in Cranberry? We're looking at it as a lunch stop on the ride up.
I have not eaten there. I went Keto some years back, so no carbs. Also, walk away from sugars.
But I have heard great things about Burgatory.
Another local favorite is Primanti Bros. Some of the best sandwiches around, but alas, I don't partake anymore -- that no carb thing.

OP
OP
Fire away!
I have been around here for a while and I am still amazed that no matter how obscure or unusual the issue is someone always has the answer or a very good idea as to what the cause is.

The below article is a good starting point for you;
Maintenance Items Needed for a New (old) Bike
Thanks for the article. I actually ran across that recently but haven't read it yet. Now it is a must read, the bike is in MY garage!!

Bike
'07 ST1300
Strom.jpeg

still have my '06 along with my '07 ST. The Dl650 is an amazing ride without reservation. Excellent comfort, reliability, mpg and an absolute blast to ride in the twisties.

Top Bottom