Calling Progressive Rear Shock owners

Does the adjuster for the preload supposed to be easy to adjust? I'm not feeling a lot of torque at the adjuster, it kinda just slides. I went from a 3 to 4 and I feel more bumps now, dont know if its placebo or not.

The Cheese

It would help if we knew which model shock it was.

Compression and rebound are usually adjustable easily. By turning a knob or screw. Preload takes a little more. As that is done by screwing a large collar to "lengthen" the shock. So to speak.

On mine it takes 4-5 "clicks" before any adjustment is truly felt. One or two is splitting hairs. Penske 8975.

OP
OP
Widowmaker
It would help if we knew which model shock it was.

Compression and rebound are usually adjustable easily. By turning a knob or screw. Preload takes a little more. As that is done by screwing a large collar to "lengthen" the shock. So to speak.

On mine it takes 4-5 "clicks" before any adjustment is truly felt. One or two is splitting hairs. Penske 8975.
I dont really feel a click, more like bumps. it feels almost like its loose but it's not when I tighten it.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
My 1100 came with a Progressive rear, but the only thing I've adjusted on it is the ride height, to compensate for my greater weight than the previous owner, which restored the steering response.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Top Bottom