Camping pillow suggestions

Getting tired of stuffing t-shirts into a pillow case while camping. Looking to buy an actual camping pillow. Any suggestions?

Thanks for posting.. I too am curious as to what others are using. I currently use an airline pillow with a homemade case but it isn't quite large enough.

I use a Therm-a-Rest Compressible Pillow and a Kelty Luxury Pillow. I started out with the Therma-a-Rest but it was too lumpy for me; it's made with the same material used for their mattresses. Then I got the Kelty pillow which has a pocket on the back. The Kelty pillow is nice but it didn't have enough loft, so I stuffed the Therma-a-Rest in the pocket.

Now whenever I'm not at home, I take both pillows with me and I am guaranteed a good night's rest.

Exped air pillow......saw that one online but the one site gave it the highest marks overall.....but lowest for comfort.

I also have the Exped air pillow and the amount of air you put in makes a difference on how comfortable it is. But one can't argue how small it packs.

Getting tired of stuffing t-shirts into a pillow case while camping. Looking to buy an actual camping pillow. Any suggestions?

If you drink enough you will eventually fall to sleep, with or without a pillow.

I take a pillow from home - feather type. It packs into small spaces left in my duffel or side case. i put it in a plastic bag just in case the duffel develops a leak and it rains.

Up until LOCSTOC this year I've used a pillow I made myself. Took a square accent pillow that was about 18" each side and took out half the stuffing and sewed a new seam to close it. Used it in pillow case. Decided that was a little too hard so bought a new one to use at MNSTOC next week. Bought THIS self inflating pillow on Amazon (Teton Sports ComfortLite pillow) at the end of June and have tried it a few times. It is self inflating so has foam in it to inflate. I find it's pretty comfy when I let it inflate and then push my fist in the center all the way down and close the valve. Then it's just right. Packs very small as well. Packs down to 13x3.5 dia. Inflated 18x10x4 (fully inflated). Intend to use it in a pillow case also.

I just take a nice pillow from home. But then I have plenty of room for it in my Lees-ure Lite camping trailer!

I cut an old down pillow in half and the same for a pillow case. Had my wife sew up 2 smaller pillows for traveling. They work great for camping and flying and compress pretty small. Or shove a full size down pillow in a compression sack with your sleeping bag.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Travel-Pillow/17047745

I'm pretty sure this is the pillow I bought ($3.48). They squeeze down real small in a pull string bag. They also have small pillow cases for these pillows. I also leave the pillow in the plastic bag and just throw it in the pillow case. I have a Big Agnes inflatable pillow that goes in with the sleeping pad. I use it for side support on the elbows.

Back
Top Bottom