Can’t quite put a finger on it….

aniwack

Site Supporter
Bike
05A/07A/09PA
STOC #
Bike came in leaking all over the place from the water pump cover. The “dealer” used epoxy to seal AROUND the cover to ‘contain’ the leak.

I can’t quite put a finger on what the issue is….IMG_6576.jpeg

Bike
2010 ST1300
I thought you removed it. Dumb dealer, he should have known that a hammer fixes everything.:rofl1:

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Obvious no seal to finger let alone the track is all gunked up. Shows the level of ignorance of the dealers tech pool.

The drainage hole at the top of the engine 'V' drains down from the top of the water pump casing around the outside of the seal down the small square hole to the side of the impeller hose . Coolant hoses leaking into the "V' possibly. Only telling you this to avoid an unneccesary replacement of the pump itself.

diferg

Dan & Ingrid
Bike
2006 ST 1300
Great quality work the epoxy looks very evenly applied (except for overflow into oring groove) . I think the dealer forgot to "vigorously "DESTRESS" (OR IS IT DISTRESS?) pump after reassembly! @SMSW had the correct idea. If you hit it hard enough long enough with a big enough hammer, it will no longer need FIXIN! :nuke1::mw1::wasntme:

They should know better, only duct tape silicone and zip ties should be used. epoxy makes it difficult to remove and reapply when you bring it back. Or as some say the repair is just enough to get you far enough away to not bring it back.

Top Bottom