CAN-Quebec: Tag

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Ah yes, the Saguenay region is truly spectacular indeed!! And Tadoussac is particularly special - there are actual fjords there and it's a prime spot for whale watching!
So glad you're enjoying your trip! :) :)

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
This isn't moving too quickly so I'm gonna push it along. I decided to do a bit of a detour on my recent Baltimore-Magdalen Islands-Montreal-Baltimore ride.
View media item 444

I'll make it easy as this location should be very familiar to any Montrealer, if not, Quebecer:
View media item 445
I wanted to get closer but it didn't seem possible with all the construction. Also, I was trying not to be late for the football game!

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
With the riding season coming to a close here in Quebec, I could not allow the grievous tragedy committed by @Nexus to be allowed to fester over the winter. As an ex-Montrealer, I suspect that Dave knows that no Montrealer wants this city to be tagged for months with the vision of that monstrosity. I think that he was goading us when he chose this image.
So, as much as I detest riding in the city, any city, I bit the bullet to go and take some corrective action.

Big O.jpg

I decided to make the replacement a fun and light-hearted destination. It is also easy to get to for anyone wanting to grab it. While you're there, have an Orange Julep! I never realized how well known the Orange Julep was until I drove across Canada decades ago. I encountered people in the middle of nowhere who, when they found out that I was from Montreal, would ask me if the Orange Julep was still there and if it was still the same and as good as always. They had not only heard of it, but had tasted an Orange Julep. They are famous for their Orange Julep drink, but it is also a typical Quebec greasy-spoon fast food restaurant with classic car nights, classic motorcycle nights, hot-rod shows, and where customers used to have their order taken and served to them at their car by waitresses on roller skates.

History of the Orange Julep

Orange Julep.jpg

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
Good one! I should have gone there! Its been years (decades?) since I've had a Julep! I'll move it next summer if it's still up!

That's a serious rack, BTW!

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
Dang! That was fast! We'll this'll be an easy one for me if it's still up when I get back. No way I'm missing that place! Although I did buy a couple of slabs of the stuff, and moosehead, when I was there earlier so we still get smoke meat sandwiches every once in a while.

@Andrew Shadow , good to see you're feeling better and able to tie up the helmet again!

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
@Andrew Shadow , good to see you're feeling better and able to tie up the helmet again!
Thanks.
This was my first ride in a few weeks. I got through it with some Tylenol, but even with that by the time I got home I was pretty sore.

I guess that you're at home now and that you made it safe and sound.

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
Yup. Pretty uneventful. Stopped just shy of the Pennsylvania line and resumed in the morning. Easy peasey!

Sheesh, I feel old that I didn't do it in one shot! o_O Just too nackered after all that riding!

Top Bottom