Cannon Ball Rides Canada

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I had never seen this before. It was sent to me by a friend.
It was started by David Purdy who recognized that it takes planning and effort to successfully finish a big ride. He has taken the planning part out of the rider’s hands while providing timed routes that help build a solid foundation for long-distance riding.

Planned rides of varying distances in all parts of Canada that can be followed with the idea of gaining long distance riding experience. It is sponsored by major motorcycle industry retailers who make prizes available to registered participants. You can also access the routes without registering. The whole idea behind the concept is to encourage people to get out and ride. If nothing else, you might find a route in your area that you hadn't ridden yet.

The whole thing is completely free to register and to participate in.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Might be fun to do one of those, thanks for the link.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
I did a 1000 and a 500. The format has evolved over the years,,, to make it more user friendly. Ultimately,,, it is a lot like planning out your own ride, ala IBA, but Dave has done the routes for you. Having done a couple, I got the badges (in a box somewhere now),, and returned to doing my own rides. I might be more inclined to do another Cannonball if there was a charitable connection. Oh,,, I still have a Cannonball sticker on the back of the bike. A police officer paused to look at it once,,, but then he decided not to ask,,, lol,,, CAt'

Top Bottom