Carb drain screw location incorrect

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Are we really thinking the carbs have been previously disassembled and somehow the float bowls swapped front to rear...? Is that even possible??
I have a Carb set on the bench give me a few minutes to try that
Yup they can be reversed. No problem at all.
Holy muckahiyah! That’s a new one for me! I love it when I get surprised!! Thanks Sly!

Joey, just put some Seafoam in those bowls and wait until you really need to pull the carbs. Gonna do the undercarbs coolant hoses anytime soon?

Sorry I didn’t get the gist of your query right away.

John

OP
OP
Well, I have a whole bunch of carb cleaner in the tank (with fresh gas), but seeing as only the rear bowls could be drained its not starting. I'm hoping by now I've tried enough to get some of that carb cleaner in the bowls but I'm not sure

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Well, I have a whole bunch of carb cleaner in the tank (with fresh gas), but seeing as only the rear bowls could be drained its not starting. I'm hoping by now I've tried enough to get some of that carb cleaner in the bowls but I'm not sure
Why don't you just run the engine to fill/flush the carbs?

OP
OP
Bike won't start right now. It tries to catch here and there but won't run.best I can do is try and shove some ether in there and see if it'll get it going enough to stay running.

OP
OP
Well, some good news - finally got the bike to start and stay running. Sounds OK, was pretty cold out today so it was idling a little off. Didn't let it fully warm up but had it running for about 5 minutes and it sounded good. Weather is looking decent the rest of this week so might take it out and hopefully shake all the cobwebs off everything.

I guess two cans of Berryman's B12 in the tank helped a bit...

Top Bottom