Cardo G4

Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
I have a G4 helmet headset, it's a great system for what I need. But, I have a slight problem, the little rubber cover (on the on-off button) has torn, I'm scared if get caught in rain it could short, contacted Cardo to see about getting a replacement, but no go. Anybody have an idea how to water-proof it?

I would search Aliexpress for push button covers and look for something that would either match it exactly (unlikely) or cover over the perimeter of it. Searching for "push button waterproof cap" gives a lot of results, but it's always a trek trying to find what you're looking for on that site.

Aliexpress-WaterproofButtonCaps.jpgAliexpress-WaterproofButtonCaps-2.jpg

I would seal it to the exterior of the case using something like B-7000 adhesive. That's often used for sealing things like smartphone screens to the phone body after a repair.
B7000Adhesive.jpg

Bike
VFR750F, ST1300
Problem with this stupid design is cover doesn't match shape of button. There's lots of flexing of rubber when pushing to cross air-gap to make contact with and push button. I'm going to take mine apart and fill that cover with silicone so it doesn't have to flex so much to push button. Should prolong time to failure.

Perhaps there's way to mould outside of ripped ones to fill with silicone as repair.. I'll see when I've got it apart.

Last edited:
Top Bottom