Carrying an ST1100 on a Trailer

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Here's the first pics I ever took of my new-to-me ST, still on the trailer, but after I opened her up to put in the new AGM battery. It was easier to do with the bike elevated, and so I could start it to park after unloading it.

I wrapped the front straps around the fork tubes to keep them from deforming the plastic, then hooked them on the bottom of the handlebars as usual. The single rear strap just went over the front of the luggage rack.
:

KIMG0148.JPG KIMG0147.JPG KIMG0149.JPG

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I worried a bit about the handle bars, but the previous owner, who helped me to tie it, told me he did it many times, with different ST over the years..
How do you know the previous owner did it right? Because he said so?? Worked for me doesn't mean it wasn't doing damage.

On an ST11 tying the bars is not bad. They are rigidly mounted to the top of the triple tree.

An ST13 the bars are bolted to a plate that has rubber pads to isolate certain pieces from some vibration. Snug those grips down on a trailer tow and you could snash them rubber bits to a deformation that they will not recover from.

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
How do you know the previous owner did it right? Because he said so?? Worked for me doesn't mean it wasn't doing damage.
Well... that is what trust is all about.
I trusted him, because... that guy had my confidence. 61 years old, doctor, had motorcycle all his life... but, more than this... something else... that make me trust him.
Otherwise, I wouldn't had bought his bike, in the middle of winter, without beeing able to try it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom