Cause of my stroke finally determined. Yes to Peace of Mind

Jammaman

R.I.P. - 2022/02/02
Rest In Peace
Went to my cardio doc this morning, and was given some great news. First off, he didn't charge me for the visit, did an electro cardiogram at no charge. and in doing so, found that my blood clot was caused by my heart being in AFib as it was at his office. in doing so, the likelihood of passing a clot is greatly increased. He put me on differeent drugs, agh furnishing samples MY Medicare doesn't kickin til Jan 2013 so he is very conccerned with the cost of services He believes that under the new drug protocols my AFIB CONDITION LOSS OF WEITGT, NO MORE ICGARS, CUTTING OUT CAFFINE, I WIL BE FINE, IF NEEDED A PACEMAKER CAN ALSO BE CONSIDEERED. SO THE MYSTERY IS GONE, NO CLOT FROM MY LEG...MOTORCYCLE OK NEXT YR, ASSUMING THE a fib condition is under control he agh told me I was one lucky fellow that my stroke occurred at my home vs while riding back from Detroit, or jus prior to my saddling up agn to attend Dinkey Stoc and the fact that I suffered very little damage as a result of the stroke....so as he said, enjoy your luck, do what you need to do to lower risk, take the meds and enjoy many yrs of fine health and enjoy your luck each aad everyday. I look forward to seeing you all on the road next yr. ride safely, and enjoy!

Doug/ JammaMan

Good news indeed Doug!

(now if you could only learn to use the 'enter' key once in a while! ;))

That is great news Dougie! Good luck with the changes, they can be tough too but you can do it!
See you in Casey.

The Doc told me to give up nicotine, alcohol and caffeine when I had this kind of trouble.
I thought I would die from withdrawal!!
That was good advice because my symptoms disappeared and I've been fine since.
That was in 1985. You will be ok, Doug. Trust me.

Doug,

That's great news. Now just stick with his advice on the healthy lifestyle stuff! Keep us posted on your progress.

John

Good news! Now it's just a matter of time before you're back in the saddle, hanging around the campfire, and loving life with the rest of us.

Maybe you could even become our health guru! :D

My Friend, Your future is now in your hands. Changing some things in your life will be hard, but you can do it! Making the changes will require help from others. Remember you have plenty of friends here! Let me know if there is anything I can do from here!

That is some good news! Did you click your heels when you left the Dr. office? Nice to have a definitive answer from the doctor.

Did the Dr. tell you that beer is a diuretic or that it thins the blood or that it has protein in it. Columbo enjoyed his cigar and never lit it. Any directions or suggestions for bedroom activity like start slow and work your way up to full speed. How about a new bike like the "White Tiger" just got...that could improve your agility. Just kidding of course.

Take care and I'll see you at all of the 2013 events we attend. Please tell Suzanne to purchase a pair of celebratory jammies for you for the coming year.

Fantastic news. It will be nine years this January since my heart 'event'. I made some changes and they have worked and so can you. My cardiologist told me a couple drinks a day is good for me. Glad he never specified their size!!!! Take care and shoot for Moonsine.

Greg

That's great to hear, Doug. I've been wondering how you were doing & was about to pm you. A little change here & there and you will feel much better. Sure hope to see you on the road next year.

The best part of losing weight is that you get to buy all new gear.....

Back
Top Bottom