CB Radios

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I had the J & M 2003 on my ST1100; I'll mount it to the ST1300 as soon as I get time (you have to remove a lot of plastic...) It worked well and also provided intercom, weather radio, and a plug-in for an MP3 or similar device. To mount your antenna, check our Motorcycle Larry's antenna mount. Nicely made, and you have options for use with or without the topbox.

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
Cobra handheld into my Autocom, only when I have to use CB. CB is a horrible means of bike to bike communications. FRS works so much better in so many ways.

Ray

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I wouldn't say it's horrible, in my experience it's actually worked quite well. I'm sure frs has better quality but the nice part about a CB is you're able to hear what's going on with the truckers. I've avoided traffic jams due to accidents and various other situations as well as become aware of places where I was coming up on a radar gun and wasn't aware of my current speed. Some law enforcement officials monitor the emergency channel - at least that's what I understand - not sure if they also monitor frs frequencies. The range is best in line of sight situations but unless someone just ran away from me I could keep in touch with them.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
+1 on Joe's comments. And if you are in a group you can converse with the guys that have CB's. Makes it a lot easier when someone needs gas or a break of any kind.

Top Bottom