CCS100 Install

Bike
97 ST1100 04 ST1300
STOC #
Not purchased yet, but it looks like I'll be buying a CCS100 to install on my ST1100. I'll (most likely) get the kit and vacuum canister from Murph. I did think about making my own canister, but for $17 it's hardly worth it - I don't think I have much usable on-hand already. It appears for a CC it's pretty much a no brianer as far as the most bang for your buck.
I've seen a lot about them here, but if I could get some specific tips and tricks to make the installation easier I would appreciate it. Thanks, Tom

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
There are two excellent step-by-step write-ups on this forum. Do a search for 'CCS100 Installation' and they will pop up.

Now, if you didn't live so dang far away, I'd ask you to come up and do my installation as well! We live in the same state, yet are basically 3 states apart in distance!

I've had the unit sitting under my workbench for years, but I keep putting off the installation just because of the nuisance of removing all the plastic and tapping into the wiring!

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
What is a CCS100??
CCS-100 is the model number for the old Audiovox Cruise Control many members put on their ST's. I have one on mine and I love it. Audiovox no longer markets them but Murphs kits has gotten together with the original manufacturer of the unit and sells them off his website. This is where I got mine from.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Not purchased yet, but it looks like I'll be buying a CCS100 to install on my ST1100. I'll (most likely) get the kit and vacuum canister from Murph. I did think about making my own canister, but for $17 it's hardly worth it - I don't think I have much usable on-hand already. It appears for a CC it's pretty much a no brianer as far as the most bang for your buck.
I've seen a lot about them here, but if I could get some specific tips and tricks to make the installation easier I would appreciate it. Thanks, Tom
I got exactly the same thing when I bought mine from murph. Depending on your year ST you can mount the servo on the left side just behind the tip over wing and the murph vacuum canister on the right side behind that wing. When I did my install I also removed the PAIR system which allowed me to use the vacuum ports left over from the PAIR system to run the cruise. You can just tap into any existing vacuum line if you decide to keep you PAIR intact or there is even one on the right front intake that is just capped off and only used to synch the carbs. Most ST1100 guys do a variation of John O's install because it really is a straight forward process.

OP
OP
Aladinbama
Bike
97 ST1100 04 ST1300
STOC #
There are two excellent step-by-step write-ups on this forum. Do a search for 'CCS100 Installation' and they will pop up.
Now, if you didn't live so dang far away, I'd ask you to come up and do my installation as well! We live in the same state, yet are basically 3 states apart in distance!
I've had the unit sitting under my workbench for years, but I keep putting off the installation just because of the nuisance of removing all the plastic and tapping into the wiring!
I'd be glad too, if you weren't for a 650 mile ride. I might be coming through that way this summer, but that is still even in the "bucket list" stage. I guess we'll see.
I'm also reaching that part of life where if you haven't used it by now and don't really have a plan to, it needs to be sold - I think I might even have room in the garage for the wife's car when I'm done - :D - Ebay - wonderful and worth cursing!
I did a search and found several posts that look helpful. I still haven't been able to get to all of John's yet, so that might be this weekend's project. I did however order the CC and the canister. Not sure how I'm going to fabricate the mount for the switch, but I'll find a way. That actually looks relativly easy.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I used a older GL1500 Gold Wing switch on mine. It looks factory, and its waterproof. It's a little more involved than using the stock ccs switch but I think it was worth it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364072912.866292.jpg

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
it's not written in stone that you have to use either the supplyed switch or even the g.w. switch cluster. this is what i used and am very glad of the very low profile it makes. https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?18367-CCS-100-Alternative-to-stock-control-panel in my case i installed the led inside of the insturment cluster
That is what I was going to do before I decided on the Gold Wing switch. I actually used that wiring diagram to hook up my switch.

Top Bottom