CDA award

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
So, it has't been a week when I said "I haven't had my ST down yet." I knew I was in trouble when I said it:)

I have been doing a little maintainence work on my baby, over at my buddy Ray's house, using his lift. Yesterday I got the bike on the lift, and worked over the side stand. I drilled the broken switch bolt out, and designed a shim to get the assembly back over to the edge where it belongs. I decided that I needed to do a little more work on the shim here at my house, so I let the lift down, and came home (I can only work til about 10 or 10:30 because of the heat).

When I got back this morning, the whole assembly was laying down. Lift and bike both had tipped over. After a couple of minutes of absolute panic, I got the lift out from under the bike, and got it on it's TOW. Got my employee over and got the bike lifted and put on the centerstand...

So, just now, to make matters even worse...Ray just called. He's having his rear tire changed at the little shop on the DRAGON. Not only is he having fun, he laughed at me:(

Damage? Windshield. Broke on the bumper of Ray's Z-28. Thankfully, I didn't do any damage to the car:) That's it, I think. Break away mirror worked under extreme circumstance, everything else looks ok. Not that I am done looking.

What happened? I am not sure. I had the front wheel chock off the lift because I was going to do my fork seal today...I think the wheel shifted a bit, a strap let go and it over balanced...So goes the title. Charlie Dumb A&&. My FIRST mother-in-law hung that name on me a long time ago...

Redundant straps. To stop all movement. Front wheel chock. Necessary unless other precautions are taken.

Ah, Poop. Where's my lighter?

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
You know.. pictures would have been nice.. LOL.. hey, I've done similar actions so I can say from experience.. at least it didn't happen while you were on it..

Better yet... blame someone else..

Bike
None
STOC #
Unbelievable!:doh1: Sorry to hear about your tip over. Glad the damage was minimal. Guess maybe if I say, "Mines been down a few...no a couple hundred...no, maybe a few thousand...heck, I dump it every time I park it!" I won't drop it? See I'm trying reverse psycology here instead of saying that I've haven't dropped it yet...:doh1: ...now I've gone and done it too!:eek:4:

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
So, it has't been a week when I said "I haven't had my ST down yet." I knew I was in trouble when I said it:)

I have been doing a little maintainence work on my baby, over at my buddy Ray's house, using his lift. Yesterday I got the bike on the lift, and worked over the side stand. I drilled the broken switch bolt out, and designed a shim to get the assembly back over to the edge where it belongs. I decided that I needed to do a little more work on the shim here at my house, so I let the lift down, and came home (I can only work til about 10 or 10:30 because of the heat).

When I got back this morning, the whole assembly was laying down. Lift and bike both had tipped over. After a couple of minutes of absolute panic, I got the lift out from under the bike, and got it on it's TOW. Got my employee over and got the bike lifted and put on the centerstand...

So, just now, to make matters even worse...Ray just called. He's having his rear tire changed at the little shop on the DRAGON. Not only is he having fun, he laughed at me:(

Damage? Windshield. Broke on the bumper of Ray's Z-28. Thankfully, I didn't do any damage to the car:) That's it, I think. Break away mirror worked under extreme circumstance, everything else looks ok. Not that I am done looking.

What happened? I am not sure. I had the front wheel chock off the lift because I was going to do my fork seal today...I think the wheel shifted a bit, a strap let go and it over balanced...So goes the title. Charlie Dumb A&&. My FIRST mother-in-law hung that name on me a long time ago...

Redundant straps. To stop all movement. Front wheel chock. Necessary unless other precautions are taken.

Ah, Poop. Where's my lighter?
Sorry I'm late with your TOA Tom! Let's try to be more careful! LOL.

OP
OP
BigTom
Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
Ah, well, I tried that. He just looked at his Z car to make sure I didn't damage it:) And giggled. I don't think he's taking the blame...

Al Gore? I'm thinking it had to be a whirlwind or something to start the process..

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
More likely Arnie over in CA... after all the the San Andreas fault exits the US very near you...

Mark

Top Bottom