Chairs - Full-height seat and compact packing?

Hondafarian

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
A couple Christmas' ago I was given a low back Helinox chair. Very light and compact, would be great for backpacking but not comfortable for a full-size person and way overpriced, imho. It was purchased at our local REI store so I took it back. They had a nice interactive display of all their chairs around a pseudo campfire so I spent a good chunk of time sitting in each and comparing. I ended up with the camp boss for significantly less dough.
REI Co-op Flexlite Camp Boss Chair | REI Co-op

camp boss.jpg

Because of the roominess and angle of sitting, I find this chair plenty comfortable without having a high back. I think the problem with the high backs is the framing to support the higher back significantly increases the folded length of the chair and may no longer fit in the side case.

Here's the Camp Boss which fits nicely in the door of my side case along with an inflatable sleeping pad. I leave the chair in the side case all the time in preparation for an impromtu sit-down. You just never know. :thumb:

IMG_3422.jpg

The campboss's 14" seat height is a tad low for table sitting but it's doable as long as you're not Peter Dinklage height (not that there's anything wrong with being vertically challenged).

Bike
Suzuki Bandit 250
We also have Helinox chairs. They are great for camping. We've also recently bought some furniture items at Walker Edison. We are pleased with the look and quality. When I contacted the walker edison customer service, I asked about outdoor and camping chairs. They offer some, so I'm going to check this store out for this purpose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom