Check out some of the non-ATTGATT riding here

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
ouch

His arms are going to hurt the next day. WOW he did land on his feet though:D

I like the tennis shoe one the best, I don't wear traditional MC boots but I do wear over the ankle leather boots.

I do my best to wear my gear on all rides, especially if I am going to run an area like that.

thanks for the links

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Too much throttle too soon looks like. Knowing Muholland, there may have been sand there. He didn't look to be going all that fast.

pretbek

Ŵΐļļ ŗĭδέ ∫ỗґ Ŧщịştịέş
Bike
Super Tenere
STOC #
Why do so many go down in that turn? Dust? They don't seem to be pushing it that hard...

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Why do so many go down in that turn? Dust? They don't seem to be pushing it that hard...
It's not real grippy there and going left through there presents you with tightening radius at the exit. Something about that curve makes you want to start gassing it hard before you should. I've gotten the ST's rear loose there at least once.

Bike
2002 ST 1100
STOC #
Too much throttle too soon looks like. Knowing Muholland, there may have been sand there. He didn't look to be going all that fast.
That is was I thought too. Sounded like too much gas with the bike still leaned. That whole Traction dollar thing. They spent a $1.05.

Lucky the guard rail was there for the tennis shoe guy or his shoe wouldn't have bounced back onto the road for him to put back on. Oh, there is the obvious glad it was there for him and the bike too. It has to be real tempting to not wear gear when the weather is so nice. I sometimes "cheat" regarding gear, but if I am going to do any performance/sport riding then I try to be prepared for the crash.

Ride safe everyone.

RCS

I watched the second clip with interest. He was leaning, using body positioning, and not going too fast. If you look closely, it appears that he is riding in the middle lane - where all the car oil falls. My guess is that during that "tight" turn, any cars with oil leaks/leaking will drop some residue there. So, over time that middle lane will become an oil slick.

I know some folks that run their viintage Corvettes on that road. Those cars do leak oil and if the driver is "pushing it" around those turns some oil is being deposited on each driver run.

Good to know about this road.... thanks for posting.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Wish I had the picture but a few years ago on vacation in Florida was at Navarre Beach near Pensacola and watched some young yahoo climb on his sport bike and tear out of the sand filled parking lot wearing nothing more than his swim suit! Not even sandals. Bare feet, arms, legs, chest, head.

I suppose in an accident they would have to ID that guy by his groin... maybe.

Actually, I don't recall if he also had on sunglasses. I guess he thought he was the cool dude in the summer heat.

Byron

STOC #
Another possiblity is that being only 2 miles from The Rock Store is that the tires were just not warmed up for the grip that was needed. People stop at the store and get something to eat & drink and look at all the bikes and cars and then hit the road again but don't think about warming up the tires before pushing it.

Top Bottom