Clear lenses for the front turninglights ST1100

Bike
2001 ST1100
Hi guys!

So, Ad's lenses are on their way so it's time to order the other stuff:

-3p sockets, Honda part no 33405-MT3-671, so there's no problem there.
-Switchback LEDs - suggestions please?
-Relay with daylight, turn signal and hazard light function (if possible?) - suggestions please?
-Diagram, please?

DSC04889.jpg

/Peter

Bike
2001 ST1100
Hi guys!

Clear lenses are in place.
(120°C for 20 minutes, a workglove and a flathead screwdriver did the trick. Removed all old glue and siliconed the lenses in place.)

DSC04953.jpg
DAMN, it looks SO much better!

Instead of trying to use the old foam-seal, I bought a self-adhesive foam-seal that is intended for garage doors and cut it to the proper dimensions with a pair of scissors.
It was perfect!
The product is called GEKO GARAGE and should be possible to source locally.

https://www.geko.net/en/draught-excluders/seals/garage/

It costed $5 and one pack is enough for like 20-30 lenses. (Maybe you should add two 40 cm pieces when shipping lenses Ad).

GEKO GARAGE.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for the 3P sockets and the switchback bulbs.

/Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
Vstrom 650
Hi folks, I received my lens's from Ad last week and braved the cold at the weekend to go out to the shed and fit them.
As we all know the mirrors on the 1100 are easily removable and so are the indicator assemblies.

I brought them into my warm office and figured out how to remove the lens. I have a heat station that I use for tablet and phone repair. Its set to 200 centigrade.

Carefully heating the glue and slowly prising the lens off worked a treat.

There was a lot of glue left in the back piece, I softened it with the heat station and pressed the new clear lens in and they stuck fast.

I love the look of them. Thank you Ad for getting this done.
Hi did you fit switchback leds as well? and if not had you to fit an amber indicator bulb? thanks

Bike
ST1100A AY
Hello all, I'm new to this forum - found my way here looking for clear lenses for front indicators on the ST1100.
Can someone tell me how I can get in touch with Ad from the Netherlands to purchase these?

Thanks,
John

Bike
1996 ST1100
STOC #
Hey John - go to the very first page of this thread and send Ad a personal message (hover your cursor over his name and then click "start conversation"). Let him know you want lenses, he'll send you a way to pay him and then ship them and provide you with tracking info. I just did this with him this past week and am now awaiting their arrival!

Bike
ST1300 ABS
Ladies and Gentleman

We in Holland were talking and writing with other Pan European Forums why Honda did not make clear lenses for our ST1100.
Now i invested some money into this and found a mould maker and he also makes clear lenses.

In order to get out of my costs in making the mould and making the lenses i would lik to offer eacht ST1100 driver the opp. to buy from me 2 clear lenses only for the turninglight for the amounth of ? € 32,50 (excl. shipping charges).

In 2 weeks i shall post some video's with the amber light and with the clear lights.
So if some-one is interested please let me know.

Kind regards
Ad Ploeg

Do you still have clear lenses for st1100, I have already converted my 1300 with switchback and mate of mine with 1100 wants to do same? Would appreciate if you have details if drop switchback system for st1100 as well but if not the lenses if you still have.
Thanks
Graham

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
Hi all, here’s a summary of my experience ordering the clear lenses from Ad:

1. Reached out to him on Nov 22/18 regarding shipping costs
2. Ad replied same day with quote of €32.50 for the lenses and €24.30 for freight
3. Held off ordering due to possible postal strike. No issue for Ad.
4. Dec 16 I ordered them
5. Dec 17 he issued and I payed the PayPal invoice
6. Dec 17 I received notification of a shipment from Ad Ploeg via Post NL, the postal service in the Netherlands, which included tracking
7. Jan 7 received them at my home address

In short, the tranasaction was as smooth as it could be. And although it will be a bit before I get a chance to install them, they appear as close to perfect as I can expect. No extraneous flashing, bubbles or mold marks that I can see.

I’m impressed.

Thanks, Ad!

G

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
GGely said:
I’m impressed.
Getting these made was an impressive undertaking. The quality of the finished product just judging from pics is much better then the offering for our ST1300s. One installed ours look ok but still... These are one of the most impressive farkles I've seen.

And of course pics of your installed lenses please!

Bike
ST1300 ABS
Likewise, I go

2. Ad replied same day with quote of €32.50 for the lenses and €24.30 for freight
4. Dec 16 I ordered them
6. Dec 17 I received notification of a shipment from Ad Ploeg via Post NL, the postal service in the Netherlands, which included tracking

In short, the tranasaction was as smooth as it could be. And although it will be a bit before I get a chance to install them, they appear as close to perfect as I can expect. No extraneous flashing, bubbles or mold marks that I can see.

I’m impressed.

Thank

4. Dec 16 I ordered them

I’m impressed.

Thanks, Ad!

G
likewise, I got these for a mate with an 1100, looks great and real quality, kudos to Ad for the undertaking, have to say though the ones I have on my 1300 are also amazing albeit from another source.

Bike
ST1100 - 2002
I purchased two sets from AD just before Christmas, very happy with the lens(s) and the excellent service provided by AD, I upload several photos of the fitting process & a short video of them working to my facebook page, I didnt know if it was ok to post a direct link but if anyone needs I will provide a link, I purchased the led bulbs, led relay & new bulb holders which are a direct fit, all from aliexpress, the total cost for each ST1100 (including lens) was around £50 or approx 65 U.S.D. and about 2 hours of my time, very happy with the results.

Thanks very much for providing the len's Ad :)
DSC_3978.JPGDSC_3990.JPGDSC_4028.JPG

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
I purchased two sets from AD just before Christmas, very happy with the lens(s) and the excellent service provided by AD, I upload several photos of the fitting process & a short video of them working to my facebook page, I didnt know if it was ok to post a direct link but if anyone needs I will provide a link, I purchased the led bulbs, led relay & new bulb holders which are a direct fit, all from aliexpress, the total cost for each ST1100 (including lens) was around £50 or approx 65 U.S.D. and about 2 hours of my time, very happy with the results.

Thanks very much for providing the len's Ad :)
DSC_3978.JPGDSC_3990.JPGDSC_4028.JPG
Looks good. Please provide a link for LED bulbs.

Top Bottom