Clear lenses for the front turninglights ST1100

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Well, I got in some quality garage-time today and did the almost full install of LED lighting. Pulling the amber lenses wasn't terribly fun, but I got them apart with a bit of heat. The OEM headlights look kind of crummy next to the bright lights, but I'll get them changed out when the adapters show up.
Ad's lenses fit perfectly and the whole thing looks factory. I'm stoked!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The OEM headlights look kind of crummy next to the bright lights, but I'll get them changed out when the adapters show up.
I was lagging in installing headlight LEDs until I installed my switchbacks and clear lenses. Ugh! I got some Eviteks right aways (no F2s at the time).

Ad's lenses fit perfectly and the whole thing looks factory. I'm stoked!
I believe you know the rule – we need a pic of your new lights. If you want to defer until you get headlight LEDs that's understandable. :D

But you really need to show off your handiwork! I've said many times – I love my 1300 but the 1100 is one of the best looking bikes ever. The clear lenses really freshen it up. Congratulations!

Smudgemo

Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Okay, pics or it didn't happen. This is the parking lot of the Brazil Room in Tilden Park, Berkeley and was about as dark of a spot as I came across on my way home from delivering my #2 to the Cal campus for a socially distanced friend thing. This is with the high beams on.

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
I've started my winter project to install the clear lenses and LEDs, while removing the amber lenses I found one in 3 pieces and the lens housing cracked. It is not a complete surprise as I had seen the scuffing on the bottom of the right mirror from the PO. Also see that the mirror cover has a crack that's been epoxied, so I will expand the job, sand down and repaint the bottom of both mirror covers. Think I will order the SEM graphite paint and do it to match the saddlebag bottoms.

IMG_0174.jpg

Smudgemo

Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
I found that tab shown in your photo of the bulb housing (center part) broken off and someone maybe tried some JB Weld on it. It hardly stuck so I was able to remove it with my fingernail. I tried ABS cement wrongly (I guess) assuming ABS, and pretty much same thing - came right off. Finally I just used a soldering gun to weld it back on and it seems fine now. I also used some "chrome aluminum" rattlecan paint on one housing as the original paint was flaking, and it was an acceptable repair. The lens was cracked so I think the elements got in there to cause some damage over time. The other side was in much better shape.

Bike
St1100
Hi can you post details as I would like to buy a set of clear lenses as think it’s a good upgrade.
Nick

Smudgemo

Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Contact instructions are probably only a single page back.

I forgot I was asked for an photo, and now that my headlights are also LED, here's the updated shot including new rubber.

Ladies and Gentleman

We in Holland were talking and writing with other Pan European Forums why Honda did not make clear lenses for our ST1100.
Now i invested some money into this and found a mould maker and he also makes clear lenses.

In order to get out of my costs in making the mould and making the lenses i would lik to offer eacht ST1100 driver the opp. to buy from me 2 clear lenses only for the turninglight for the amounth of ? € 32,50 (excl. shipping charges).

In 2 weeks i shall post some video's with the amber light and with the clear lights.
So if some-one is interested please let me know.

Kind regards
Ad Ploeg
Hi do you still have them for sale ? Regards Rob

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
Did those of you that completed this mod source & reinstall new foam gasket around the assembly? Is it necessary to prevent something like scratching the mirror housing?

Top Bottom