Clear lenses for the front turninglights ST1100

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
Received mine today.....uber happy.

Going to try fitting tomorrow, so stand by for pics tomorrow evening (hopefully).

Eventually I'll be going to switchback white/amber LEE's, but in the first instance will be with Amber 1157's.

So looking forward to seeing how these look on.

Many Thanks, Ad.

The Cheese

Forgot to post that I got mine in the other day. Looks top quality, hadn't tried to fit them yet. Need to find some extra housings to tear apart.

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
Okay, so here's mine......

Black with new indicators.jpg

Red with new indicators.jpg

Both Together.jpg

From start to finish, it took around two hours to do two bikes, and that includes a trip to the parts store for weather stripping.

Please bear in mind these do have amber incandescent bulbs for now, but I will be switching to LED, with white DRL's, and amber indicators, eventually. So they'll look better then.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
They look great now FJ!

I like the clear lenses on my 1300 but they aren't nearly as well done as ad's lenses. The 1100 really looks great with those lenses. An updated look and a unifying affect of all three lenses. Very nice!

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
So happy with mine, I cannot recommend highly enough.
I have my switchback dual color LED's on order, and should have them installed by this time next week

Will post more pics to show these when fitted.

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
Got my switchback tonight and got one set fitted.........sooooooo impressed!

The whites are bright, but I like them. Anything to counter "I didn't see you there", is a good thing to me. Almost gives three light triangle, just a very, very shallow triangle.

Ambers work well. Needed the resistors, so glad I got them with the bulbs.

Will have pics tomorrow, with comparison to incandescent, before I convert the second bike.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
Well, I've a slight legal issue:
like with the tail/brake-light the t/signal needs to be 4 times brighter then the position light...
Hence the Type 2 Dual Colour Switchbacks, hence the question if the white site could be dimmed...

These units are type 2.
Type 1 - White stays on while amber blinks, Theoretically giving an alternating color.
Type 2 - White extinguishes while amber blinks, then returns when amber off.

Yeah, I think a different unit would be required for you.
These units have 27 light units, each with four diodes (2-White, and 2-Amber), so I doubt whether the two white units could be dimmed independently.
I am pleased to report that we are not subject to such restrictions in Florida, so it works for me. Same brightness, either way.
For a requirement of having the turn signal being 4x brighter, I'm not sure how this would be done. Theoretically, a Type 1 having the white and amber active, should give you 2x the light, but to achieve 4x?

I'll have to check the incandescents they replaced, to see what the difference is with them, but I doubt it's 4x.

Top Bottom