Clever fella

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Wouldn't you love to be half this gifted at anything?
Upt'North. IMG_20200513_163331.jpg
The fellow that builds these 6 cylinder and V12 Kawasaki's has some YouTube videos showing him building these engines. I was surprised that his home shop is quite modest and without any super advanced machine shop. He hand crafts most of the engine modifications relying on old fashioned techniques and skills.

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
I've never seen his shed
The fellow that builds these 6 cylinder and V12 Kawasaki's has some YouTube videos showing him building these engines. I was surprised that his home shop is quite modest and without any super advanced machine shop. He hand crafts most of the engine modifications relying on old fashioned techniques and skills.
I've never seen his shed but I have met him. It was at a classic bike show somewhere, maybe the Motorcycle Mechanics Show at Stafford, UK, many years ago. Very unassuming, friendly, ordinary but obviously his engineering skills are just, wow, wow and thrice wow. I think he was showing a 5 cylinder KH? It's just the work is so flaming good, like it left the factory that way.
Upt'North.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
How about something for those adventure riders who go off road only?
Maico-Kaw-Rick-Sieman-7-5-16.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
D
@Upt' North I think your orginal photo is a great definition of a sleeper - assuming the bike isn't really a 900 like the side decal says.
Don't quote me but I think he added two more central cylinders to make it about 1300 cc.
I think he also said from the side he wanted it to look stock. I don't know if he's built it for himself or a client. Or both. I could watch hours of YouTube to find out but I won't.
Upt'North.

Where did that D come from?

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Where did that D come from?
[/QUOTE]

I figured it was a sideways smile, toothless, and so large it obscured the eyes and nose. :-D

Top Bottom