Coffee Drinkers

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
My wife and I do a bit of Moto camping and like everyone we struggle to keep things to a minimum, neat and clean. Like many I also have my really only vice other than motorcycling, and that is a good cup of coffee while camping. For years I carried a jet boil coffee press. We also use the press to boil water for other things and sometimes my wife's tea tastes like coffee. A couple of years ago at the national BMW Rally in Great Falls, MT and I picked up an insulated coffee press. About two cups of coffee.

We are leaving on Wednesday to go to Death Valley for a few days and in prep my wife bought some Portion Pack zip lock bags. They aren't the heaviest bag but I thought they would be good to pack some coffee for a few days. So this is what I came up with to bring coffee in a pack that takes limited space and is protected from breaking open in my other packed gear.

The portion packs hold about 70 grams of coffee each and both packs will fit inside of my coffee press. See pictures it really tells the story.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.39.09 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.39.23 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.39.35 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.39.45 AM.png

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
My wife and I do a bit of Moto camping and like everyone we struggle to keep things to a minimum, neat and clean. Like many I also have my really only vice other than motorcycling, and that is a good cup of coffee while camping. For years I carried a jet boil coffee press. We also use the press to boil water for other things and sometimes my wife's tea tastes like coffee. A couple of years ago at the national BMW Rally in Great Falls, MT and I picked up an insulated coffee press. About two cups of coffee.

We are leaving on Wednesday to go to Death Valley for a few days and in prep my wife bought some Portion Pack zip lock bags. They aren't the heaviest bag but I thought they would be good to pack some coffee for a few days. So this is what I came up with to bring coffee in a pack that takes limited space and is protected from breaking open in my other packed gear.

The portion packs hold about 70 grams of coffee each and both packs will fit inside of my coffee press. See pictures it really tells the story.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.39.09 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.39.23 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.39.35 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.39.45 AM.png
Not a moto camper but that would work great on my boat, thanks!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Well, I would get banned from a coffee forum... I mix 2 cups of instant coffee, 2 cups of stevia, 2 cups of power creamer - sugar free lol in a nalgene bottle then just shake it when I need to make coffee... hahaha... I'm sure some of you are just sitting there with your mouth open....

Hondafarian

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS

As an aside, I'd love to hear about your trip when you return. I had hoped to get to DV on the bike this spring but the chances are getting slimmer. Please take lots of pictures and let us know where you went and where you camped. Do you have a reservation or are you just winging it?

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Well, I would get banned from a coffee forum... I mix 2 cups of instant coffee, 2 cups of stevia, 2 cups of power creamer - sugar free lol in a nalgene bottle then just shake it when I need to make coffee... hahaha... I'm sure some of you are just sitting there with your mouth open....
If there's even the slightest remote chance that your ... "concoction" seems a proper adjective here ... would get into my mouth, it would be kept FIRMLY closed. :)

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
As an aside, I'd love to hear about your trip when you return. I had hoped to get to DV on the bike this spring but the chances are getting slimmer. Please take lots of pictures and let us know where you went and where you camped. Do you have a reservation or are you just winging it?

The BMW Club of Northern California is having their monthly meeting at Furnace Creek Group campgrounds. We will be attending as part of that group. I believe they have 4 group campgrounds reserved and they are full. I have camped in Stovepipe Wells when I had the RV. There are two campgrounds back to back a private campground with like 16 Road V sites and the NP campground.Both will take the Geezer card.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
The local Japanese grocery store has instant coffee mixed up in packets already. Just add water. It's actually pretty good for on the road coffee.

When I went to Tanzania and Kenya on mission trips, I'd take their locally grown instant coffee, mix it up extremely strong, and then add sugar like an espresso.

Chris

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
GSI Coffee strainer, a quart bag of coffee. I always bring a MSR multi-fuel stove / cook set. I keep the strainer inside one of the 2 cups in the cook set.

1710809522078.png

Gandolkf

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Wing
STOC #
I missed the history thing

I mix 2 cups of instant coffee, 2 cups of stevia, 2 cups of power creamer.
are you chewing it? Add a little water and you're getting close to a gallon?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I missed the history thing

I mix 2 cups of instant coffee, 2 cups of stevia, 2 cups of power creamer.
are you chewing it? Add a little water and you're getting close to a gallon?
oh.... just a little water and it's a paste... put in a tube and tank bag... hmmmm

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
coffee, real cream, sugar, chocolate, honey, caramel, cinnamon....
Some people (me included) call that a milkshake. I like milkshakes, a lot.
But then I would want a cup of coffee, so I bring a kit similar to @Tor Only my funnel has a flat base that sits on my mug, and I have an MSR burner also.
No, silly. On my coffee mug.
No instant coffee, I want to enjoy my camping.

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
That sounds like paint remover or a good derma peel. You don't seriously drink that?

Top Bottom