Coldest Ride 2018-2019

Was 20° when I left home yesterday morning, warmed up to 40° by the time I got home.

Oh yeah! That was 20°C / 40°C, which is around 68°F / 106°F - welcome to our warm summers. Hottest I've had on the M/C was 46°C / 115°F. That was NOT very pleasant.

Was 20° when I left home yesterday morning, warmed up to 40° by the time I got home.

Oh yeah! That was 20°C / 40°C, which is around 68°F / 106°F - welcome to our warm summers. Hottest I've had on the M/C was 46°C / 115°F. That was NOT very pleasant.
I would take that anyday over the cold and snow that we get. I have always wanted to go to your country, and even move there, but havent been although it will be in the plans in a few years. How are your winters? Still no snow and ride year round?

Not looking good in the near future for reporting colder temp rides. I guess global warming really does exist... when enough environmental activists blow enough hot air over enough time.

Not looking good in the near future for reporting colder temp rides. I guess global warming really does exist... when enough environmental activists blow enough hot air over enough time.

Yeah, pushing a month since the last update. I had a balmy 37° ride in this morning. First ride since before Christmas. I'm sure someone will get some really cold rides in the next month or two.

It was 30F for the start of my commute, but I only had to do about 6 miles for the first stop, (had to get some blood drawn) by the time I finished there, it had warmed up to 38F to start the rest of the 60 miles.

30° F this morning in South Dakota in the blizzard. Looking at lows of -7° F Sat morning. I'm in no rush, Colder than you know what happens here in late January. I've got a couple of things to finish up.JUCM6809.JPG

You took off a lot of parts just for New spark plugs :biggrin: :rofl1:

Our normal high for this time is 39. I think we hit 52 today. Been a crazy warm winter so far. We are so going to pay for this eventually.

Yeah, I know it's September and still warm for most of us, but a few have mentioned snow flurries in their neck of the woods. Like last year, just post the lowest temp you've ridden in for more than a few miles for the 2018-2019 winter. Extra details would be nice, but not required, i.e. gear worn, where you went, etc. I'll post the names and temps of the top 10 in this first post, as they are generated. Also... no windchill, no handicap and no participation trophies! Don't hesitate to correct me if I miss someone or make a mistake.
  1. cdnemsguy 5°
  2. mudduc 7°
  3. rjs987 12°
  4. kendoo 16°
  5. ardykay54 18°
  6. MarkyD 19°
  7. the Ferret 21°
  8. NobodySpecial 21°
  9. Uncle Phil 21°
  10. stridernj 23°
All temps in Fahrenheit. Latest updates in red.
1st Jan 2019. 1degree c. Wearing summer kit with just heated grips on mid setting. Pretty warm for a 70 mph, 20 mile blast up and down the mway. I would obviously kit up better for a proper ride but was surprised by the protection provided by my tall screen and wind deflector kit

What a difference a year makes. Last year on this date is when I scored my -2 degrees F ride. Today it's going to be + 47 F degrees.

vfcIVsVl.jpg

Since almost all my riding during winter months, and low temp ride reports, are the result of my commute to work I'll likely not see really low temps (below zero) for many weeks yet. The coldest mornings are yet to come. I do have an opportunity to get something around -10F this weekend, but not likely to get out just to go joy riding. Besides, there is 6-10 inches more white stuff expected to show up between Friday and Saturday so that's not likely to happen anyway. If the roads get cleared enough by mid-week there's a chance at just above zeroF late next week. We'll see.

I may get a chance to break into the top ten, next weekend. Forecast is 11 for Sat. night.

Next week we should be able to bust this thing wide open. Monday & Tues single digits maybe below zero. Just need the roads passable lol

now that i've dealt with the kidney stones for the past 3 months i'm back in the saddle again.

i'll get in on this with my 19 degrees. In t past ive been out in 10 degrees

27 mile commute

Attachments

• 19 degrees.jpg
    19 degrees.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 10
now that i've dealt with the kidney stones for the past 3 months i'm back in the saddle again.

27 mile commute

Glad you're back riding. 1st post updated.

I'm looking to make a 200 mile ride Monday, starting temp in the mid 20s at about 10a, going to a high in the mid/upper 30s. That will be my best so far on the ST.

27 mile commute

Kidney stones for 3 months? I had one that lasted about 7 hours. That was more than enough for me. Feel for ya brother!

Back
Top Bottom