Colorado Travelers, For your info

Is it bad when the fed's have to tell you to close the bridge?

" the bridge was closed “at the urging of the Federal Highway Administration and state bridge engineering experts due to the findings of an ongoing safety inspection, which identified anomalies in the bridge.” "

Yea, i was reading about that! Bummer. I was hoping to get there this summer. Oh well! There is no shortage of riding around there anyway!

We pay a lot of Road and Bridge Fees with our vehicle registration and Colorado still has the worst road conditions in the country. But the State has money for all the other feel good projects. End of Rant.

We pay a lot of Road and Bridge Fees with our vehicle registration and Colorado still has the worst road conditions in the country. But the State has money for all the other feel good projects. End of Rant.
Here in Pagosa we have a ton of potholes. They say its due to having hot sulphur springs all over the place.
i suggested we stock the larger potholes with trout, which would stimulate the tourist industry. I have not heard back yet.

I have an engineer friend whose career was bridge inspection (all over the US). He said that a large number of bridges, built in that era, are in a very poor/dangerous state of repair. Main issue is rust that is either ignored or painted over. Lots of bridges he won't cross over but they remain open in spite of his findings. Biggest reason for the issue ".....no money in the budget to fix.....". His biggest frustration was having his inspection reports accepted and then just shelved.

Things are going to get real "interesting" if/when people are injured or worse when a bridge collapses and someone dusts off his reports.

That's like my favorite area in CO for camping and hitting 92, hopefully it gets addressed quickly.

So, you haven’t ridden in Illinois for some time…..terrible road conditions.

And US50 being closed sucks as I am planning to stay a week in Gunnison this summer. The road construction on 50 was bad enough.

Ok, I get the cards and trucks are heavy and may not make it across

But bikes should be allowed, with the exception of Harleys... they're just big fat hogs.

Adventure bike should be allowed to pass, though.

Yeah. Definitely adventure bikes.

Ok, I get the cards and trucks are heavy and may not make it across

But bikes should be allowed, with the exception of Harleys... they're just big fat hogs.

Adventure bike should be allowed to pass, though.

Yeah. Definitely adventure bikes.
I thought ADV bikes didn’t even need bridges?

Come over to Michigan. One of the campaign promises of our current Governor was to "fix the damn roads". Her words, not mine. They say Michigan has two seasons, winter and road construction.

Come over to Michigan. One of the campaign promises of our current Governor was to "fix the damn roads". Her words, not mine. They say Michigan has two seasons, winter and road construction.
Another low bid state id guess! If they thickened our roads they might last longer.

I always knew that US roads are fairly poor, but after visiting Germany, Switzerland, and Austria last year, I realize how shitty our roads are in general. It takes a lot of joy out of riding and driving - but I guess we get what we pay for here

I always knew that US roads are fairly poor, but after visiting Germany, Switzerland, and Austria last year, I realize how shitty our roads are in general. It takes a lot of joy out of riding and driving - but I guess we get what we pay for here

Kind of a tradeoff maybe?

Potholes or traffic jams?

Well that’s a bummer…hopefully the issue is addressed properly. We travel over that bridge with our fifth wheel multiple times per year..

That's like my favorite area in CO for camping and hitting 92, hopefully it gets addressed quickly.

I‘m hoping to take a couple motocamping trips Around Colorado this summer if you happen to be in the area. :)

Top Bottom