Compliment from ER nurse

Follow

TEAM COLORADO
Bike
Two wheels
STOC #
It's strange I came across this today.
A friend of mine (we went to nursing school together), had told me she would be purchasing a new bike and wanted to go for a ride with me when she got it, I had told her not until she went to a class and bought proper gear (I would help her shop if she wanted), well she sent me a message last night and asked if I wanted to go for a ride she was ready, she had taken a riding class recieved her license new bike and has gear. I will be going for a ride today. :D

And yes, we've seen roadrash, not pretty.

TXRoadRash

FWDoc
Bike
2008 GL1800
On this week's ride at Big Bend, one of the guys did me a big favor in this regard. I was planning to ride a-natural from the Indian Lodge in the Ft. Davis Park to the top of the scenic overlook (maybe three miles, still inside the park). When he saw that I left my gear in the room, he took my keys to the bike. He reminded me that I made a promise to my b'loved and he was there to help me keep it...

On the third sharp u-turn climbing the mountain, a rock slide that occured overnight left gravel and dirt in the apex of the curve. As I recovered from the slide, looking over the edge of the mountain to the rocks below, all I wanted to do was dismount and give him a hug.
:p:

ATGATT!

:bow1::bow1::bow1:

mbw919

Martin
Bike
'07 ST1300
Rev, that was a very nice gesture from the nurse. I went to the ER in 1989 with broken radius and ulna in my left arm after a head on dirt bike accident. The doctor complimented me on all the gear I was wearing and after hearing my account of the accident, said it looked like I was doing everything right to protect myself and just had some bad luck that day. I was pleasantly surprised at his attitude.

Last week I met some riding friends at a restaurant to discuss plans for upcoming rides. The waitress saw me in my gear and knew right away that I would be joining the other three already there. She handed me a menu, pointed to the table way in back where my friends were, and asked me what I wanted to drink. When I told her "diet coke" she smiled and said it's nice to adults riding motorcycles.

OP
OP

Rev

I am still not sure about the hug thing, but it happened again today, not even a week later. I was riding with a friend from church. He is 50 and rides a Vrod. I was preaching the value of ATGATT before we started out. Yeah, I know, but I am his pastor and thought an extra sermon would do him some good. We didn't get 10 miles and were traveling at a high rate of fuel consumption when a bumble bee hit him in the throat. He didn't go down but lost control and swerved all over both lanes before he got it back. We pulled off the edge of the road, he came back to me with his knees knocking and shaking like a leaf and gave me a hug. He said that he would listen closer to my sermons from now on. I am sure I like hugs from pretty nurses better, but I am more happy that my friend didn't become a long wet streak on the road!

Bike
2012 GL1800 III
I catch a lot of comments about my gear from the HD guys I know, but they can't argue the price of my gear is a fraction of the cost of a skin graph. My wife has even noticed that I have less and less tolerance for those who ride with just a skid lid, she has caught me several times muttering "Dumb ***", seeing some yahoo on what ever bike with no gear. The other day, we were going to get something to eat , and I had to stop and put gas in the truck. There at the station was a husband/wife team with each their own very nice HD. On the back of what I believe was the father was a young girl no older than 10 with a child's skid lid on , t shirt and shorts. It just pissed me off , that these 2 idiots had over $50K in bikes and couldn't/wouldn't spend the dollars for protection gear of this child. Maybe its just a little chlorine for the gene pool. I just find it so hard to believe that people don't realize its a matter of "when" not "if".
ok I've had my rant ... ALGATT

Top Bottom