coolant leak finally fixed, does this reoccur?

chiller

Chowdah Ridah
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Forgot
so after living with the coolant drip for a few months I finally dove into last night full on...took me about 4-5 hours to get it all cleared up, in the process i'm glad i bought the entire supply of the airbox bolts from the dealer (the ones under the scoops) i stripped another 2 of them, got the airbox off and pulled the shroud back, voila found a coolant stain on one of the hoses, now i have to say that dealer did fix it before, but i could see there was a stain on another hose but it was 'older' so i assume they tightened that other line but didn't do this one, tightened it up, started up the bike and voila its all fine and dandy with no drips.. :) :) :biker:

my question is does this reoccur on your bikes that have had the hoses re-tightened? or is this a perm. fix?

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
The answer is yes, it can. I'm thinking about making a coolant change an annual event just so I can get in there and tighten them up.

I suspect part of the problem may be that the thermostat housing isn't physically anchored to anything other than the hoses that hold it in place and the jiggling it gets during riding keeps the hoses from really settling into the fittings. Dunno what the engineer at Honda was smorking that day, but I want some.

--Mark

Top Bottom