Corbin heated seat question

Bike
2003 ST1300
Hi Forum! I'm a new ( to me ) ST1300 owner and already beyond excited with this bike, I love it! One quick question...the bike has a Corbin heated seat and the switch has 3 positions. Up, Down, Middle. Middle is "Off", but it's not clear to me the difference between up and down, they both produce heat, but is one hotter than the other?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Forum! I'm a new ( to me ) ST1300 owner and already beyond excited with this bike, I love it! One quick question...the bike has a Corbin heated seat and the switch has 3 positions. Up, Down, Middle. Middle is "Off", but it's not clear to me the difference between up and down, they both produce heat, but is one hotter than the other?

Thanks in advance!
I would imagine that down is the low setting and up is high. You can also give corbin a call and get the answer right from them.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum.
What year ST do you have?

I've had a Corbin heated seat since my first ST1300 in 2007. You are correct that the middle position is off, and I have often wondered about the difference between the other two positions.

I have two theories. One setting puts on both the rider and pillion sections together. One turns on just one of them.
The other is that they set a slightly different temperature.

Both theories are still waiting to be proved / disproved. The problem is, when you slow down, the seat gets hotter. When the pillion is on the bike, I can't find the switch and the pillion can't see it to tell what position its in - and once your clothes and the seat warms up it takes ages for them to cool down.

I have never been that bothered to determine the answer - but it would be nice to know.

Oh - welcome to the forum by the way. Sorry I don't have an answer.

Thanks John! I'll let you know if I figure it out. :)

I had the same question a few years ago, and I wrote Corbin directly to get the answer. Be aware that my seat is a single seat (I have a Corbin Smuggler trunk on my bike). Below is the correspondence with their answer:

My Question
I’m a bit confused about the switch for the heated seat. It has two positions, but they are not labelled. I presume one is low and the other high.

I have attached a photo showing the underside of the seat & the wiring at the switch. Would you be able to tell me (from looking at the wiring) which position – forward or aft – is the high heat position, and which position is the low heat position?

Corbin's Answer
Sitting on the seat forward position is Low and rear position is High

Photo of the switch on my seat
The brown wires are positive DC, I presume the white and black wires lead to different heating elements, but I'm not sure of this.

Yes one is hotter than the other.....just try it and see. Mine when rocked forward is the hottest..rocked to the rear is low.

ToddC

Thanks for all the tips! For reference, here's my switch. I'm pretty confident at this point that down is hottest, middle is off, and up is less hot. The settings seem to be for both rider and passenger always.

Attachments

• IMG-2804.JPG
    IMG-2804.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for all the tips! For reference, here's my switch. I'm pretty confident at this point that down is hottest, middle is off, and up is less hot. The settings seem to be for both rider and passenger always.
That would match mine since you are not exactly vertical. ToddC

Top Bottom