Corbin seat recovering options?

Anyone found alternatives to sending a seat into corbin to get it recovered? I have a Corbin close for the 1300 with a hole poked in one side that needs patched and the silver trim band that I want all black...

Anyone found alternatives to sending a seat into corbin to get it recovered? I have a Corbin close for the 1300 with a hole poked in one side that needs patched and the silver trim band that I want all black...

I've had three seats fixed or altered by local Lather repair places. In Dallas, San Francisco and Cincinnati, Your repairs may not be so bad. Had a Venture's rear box back rest cut down 4" and studded to match the main seat, for $100. Made the rear of the bike look lower. Folks that repair couches , etc cab do it.

Bike
2010 ST1300
If you know any guys who collect and/or restore antique cars, ask who did their upholstery. I got the name of a local place (one person shop) that does mostly automobile work. I stopped in and talked to him. He had done a few motorcycles and had pictures on his wall. Since it was not a large shop, my selection of available materials was not as extensive as it would be in a large firm, but then, his price and turn-around time were not their equal either (both better). His work was fine.

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Sargent will recover your Corbin seat. Had one done by them once on a K100RS and some reshaping. Rode that seat for 150K on two bikes. Very nice.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I had an excellent experience with Corbin when I rode in to have them make a seat for me - if I had to get my seat recovered, I'd send it to Corbin, even if they were a bit more expensive than other alternatives.

Michael

OP
OP
Skaggs88
I hope it's not a heated seat...
No, not heated. Got a good deal on the seat, but not in the color I wanted and during shipping the backrest bolt poked through the side of the seat... I’ve decided I like the seat, now time to get it up to par with the rest of the bike as its all back to like new condition at this point.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
190K on a Corbin Rumble. Wore it out so sent it in for a recover/referb. They did a beautiful job. Love the new double foam layer setup. Expensive but worth it IMHO FWIW YMMV

John

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Sounds like you might be a recovering Corbin addict....
All I can say is that they treated me very well when I rode in to their site in California a few years ago - they spent a whole day molding and carving the seat until it felt very comfortable.

I was impressed by the quality of their service, and their commitment to ensuring I was fully satisfied.

Michael

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Full recover or patch?

For a full recover, have to concur with Michael and John, Corbin is best.

Spencer (if you remember him), would not work on Corbins, explaining that their proprietary foam is also the glue that is holding the cover and gets damaged when taking the old cover off and needs to be replaced as well, which he couldn't do.

My Corbin was too hard before rebuild, but Spencer had advised a softer rebuild could be requested and that worked out great for me.
He seemed to be familiar with both their CA and FL plants and advised I'd be better served with FL for a softer seat, not sure why, but result and service was great (it was about 10 years ago though....).

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Just say NO! to the cheap seats!
Seriously, ...a good / very good saddle is not inexpensive, but quality ones will last for years and their initial cost is not bad when you consider the useful life of your butt-vestment.
It should be noted, too, that the Iron Butt crowd frequently swaps out their original bike seats for custom ones, and generally Russell, as one of their first mods.
Butt I know we are not ALL Iron Butt contenders, and there are quality alternatives without a thousand-dollar outlay.

Top Bottom