Corbin Smuggler mod's

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Love the spoiler..... How much horsepower does it add?

And the bag panels....first time I have seen them.

What is the backpack extension? Kinda.......well......... it's..........um..........how do you say it........um..................

Did the whole thing start as the black badly sprayed one?
T

OP
OP
Catmandu2
Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Right,,, the back rest pad has been extended. The standard pad from Corbin is about 1" thick. There is an optional 2" pad,,, which my Smuggler came with,,, that also offers me no support. I have grown accustomed to the support of my Super-Smuggler,,, which doubles as carriers for my half-cover (lower pouch),, and first aid kit (upper). So when I saw the file photo of that dark painted Smuggler, with the 4 inch pad on it,,, I contacted Corbin and asked about availability. The said it was a custom,, but they could duplicate it for about $150.us. I said I was interested,,, but wanted to test the thickness first. After cutting up my wife's garden kneeling pad,,,, (hey,,, it was nearly winter),,, I found that I needed a 5" pad. Corbin couldn't deliver,,, so I looked around on the bench,,, found some suitable materials,,, and after a few hours work,,, I had one that measures about 4.75",, due to foam compression. But it looked a bit rough,,, so in a moment of fleeting inspiration,,, I grabbed wifey's old ski bandana,, (she doesn't ski anymore anyway),,,, and voila !! Good to Go,,,, works great,,, and saved me about $250.cdn,,, all costs in !! CAt'

Last edited:
Top Bottom