Correct Rear Pad Part #

Hi,

I have the infamous rear brake dragging problem and need some new pads. Looking on line I'm finding the G01 superseded by G03, but I'm also seeing a G02 part number pop up depending on what site schematic I look at (Revzilla, Bike Bandit, Hondadirect). I want to make sure I get the right ones, taking into account the articles I have read here discussing tight tolerances of pad width with the SMC operation, sticking etc. From what I gathered, the ST is a little less tolerant than my VFR LBS.

Does anyone know definitively what the right part # is for a 2010 non ABS ?

Thanks.
Dan

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Independent of ABS or non-ABS, the same pads will fit either.
I am unclear as to the diff between the -02 and -03 part numbers, however.
And this is the first time I've seen any reference to "tight tolerance" regarding 1300 pads, but that means nothing.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
The last three alpha numerical characters in Honda part numbers indicate a minor change in the part, either a minor change in the part itself or in the vendor to Honda, that supersedes the previous part. The higher the number the newest part revision but all of the revisions are interchangeable. Some parts fiches are not updated with the latest part numbers hence a lower number. All ST1300 rear brake pads by year are interchangeable. (G01, G02, G03). As stock is sold the superseded parts disappear from inventory.

Last edited:
I bought these from Honda of Houston close to two months ago, for the 2008

Two sets of front and a set for the rear, awaiting installation when required ...

20210408_183120-02.jpeg

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
If you want the best pad you want the OEM ones. The numbers are provided above.

The aftermarket companies dropped the ball on making pads for the ST1300.

To quote a very knowledgeable source here in the forum:

"The Honda pads are thicker in the rear, and thinner in the front.
Honda has a white spacer between the pad backing plate and the cage to prevent the heat from cooking the fluid.
EBC chose to cut corners and not include one.
EBC also decided to not tool up for the proper specs and just make one size fits all pads for this model.
They chose the thicker pads for both applications, what that does is not allow the front pads to return to a rest position, and back away from the rotor.
This causes the pads to ride the rotor, wearing both the pads and the rotors out faster, and always applying the rear brake due to the linked system.
This is what causes the rear brakes to drag on most bikes. "

Take this advice as you wish.

I've run EBC pads on my Kawasaki before but will only put Honda ones on the ST1300, even if they cost me more.

OP
OP
V4RDR
Thanks guys for all of the input . Now it's just a matter of getting started !

Top Bottom