Could it be NOOOO! Oil related. YIKES

Bike
VStrom 650
Thanks Kiltman, good watch.
Now all Enfield have to do is put a good nose fairing and panniers on the 650 and Robert's your father's brother.
Upt'North.
Oh and maybe make it a 750 with 10 bhp more.......

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
I see a Royal Enfield in my future.
I don't see how you could go wrong with that Robert! I have not found a single negative review of either model of the 650. This oil report certainly adds some weight to the RE claim of vastly improved manufacturing facilities. There is an interesting video of their new plant in India on their website.

Of course, going back to a naked bike after the ST will require some tolerance for wind, bugs and weather . . and chain lubing with its concurrent mess, but it's a chance to take you back to the days of your youth, when Brit twins were all the rage and you may have had, or lusted after, a Triumph Bonneville, like I did, but couldn't afford it at the time. Certainly can't beat the price, compared to a Triumph of today!

I'm waiting for RE to put alloy wheels on the Interceptor, which should be within the next year, as testing of them has been completed already.

RE certainly does better than Honda when it comes to colour options too. There are six on offer for this model year. Deciding between a more blacked out version, as shown by ST Gul, or a shinier version like this is difficult.

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 3.47.19 PM.png

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Of course, going back to a naked bike after the ST will require some tolerance for wind, bugs and weather . .
I'd be an even fairer fair weather rider than I am with the ST. Having ridden through hordes of some kind of insect like a locust and peeling them off the windscreen I'd be considerate of when and where I rode a naked bike.

But with a little bikini windscreen and some soft luggage a short day or overnight trip could be easily managed.

And as nimble as the ST in a tutu is above walking speed – I think that RE would be a dandy around town errand bike as well.

and chain lubing with its concurrent mess,
For some reason I hear John Cleese saying "There is that then."

or a shinier version like this is difficult.
That was the other image I thought about posting. That looks pretty sharp too. Spokes look great but alloy wheels would be worth the wait.

mello dude

Half genius, half dumazz whackjob foole
I would like to see RE come out with a cafe racer type version something like the Thuxton with the proper quarter fairing on it. Mbe also upgrade the suspension a bit too. Got to ride one sometime.

Chain vs shaft? I'll take the chain. I curse the shaft every tire change.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
r lusted after, a Triumph Bonneville, like I did,
I had a 1971 Bonneville, it’s the maroon and grey one in the photo below, the black one belongs to my friend Bruno. Now I have the Wineberry red ST and Bruno has a black ST.
Very much interested in the RE 650, really impressed with what they have done with it. Unfortunately even though it’s a good price it’s not in my budget. ;)

Attachments

Top Bottom