Cramp Buster

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Also known as a throttle rocker and other names. I put 2800 mi on my 16 ST, 2600 with out one on. I installed it in the middle of a ride and noticed, A: it’s great to allow you to straighten out your fingers relieving any potential discomfort. B: Downshifting gave me the throttle snatch ever present on my 09. Have any of you had a similar experience?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Many of us have found an appreciation for a Cramp Buster or similar passive throttle assist device. I have two – a wide one on the left grip and a narrow on on the right.

I haven't had any indication or incident of the right CB affecting any throttle snatch. The CB is adjusted to be exactly where my palm would rest were it not in place so maybe adjusting it would make a difference for you.

When I change throttle opening my wrist isn't resting on the CB though it's still in contact. Eventually after getting the CBs I got a G2 Throttle Tamer which mitigates the affect of throttle snatch so that might provide additional relief. But that's irrelevant to any affect of the CB in my particular experience.

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Using a cramp buster on the last 3 motorcycles. Positioning is minor critical. Too low bothers the wrist, too high you can accidently bump the throttle. One of the Goldilocks things. Sure does take the strain off wrist and hands.

Bike
2021 KTM 890 Adventu
I have used them for many years on street oriented bikes. I don't use them on off road bikes because they can cause unplanned throttle input as my body changes position on rough terrain. The "Camp Buster" brand work best for me. I've tried knock-off brands and had slippage.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Cramp Buster user here too. I have mine set so my wrist/hand angle is flat at 55 mph when not on the freeway. I can ride for miles on the backroads here with few stops and the speed limits on these roads are 45-55 so it works out perfectly for me.

STOC #
Been using them on throttle side for years and love it . Always going to try one on the left but never got around to it as I don’t seem to need one. On long rides I put the throttlemeister on just enough to hold speed but easily overridden.

Also known as a throttle rocker and other names. I put 2800 mi on my 16 ST, 2600 with out one on. I installed it in the middle of a ride and noticed, A: it’s great to allow you to straighten out your fingers relieving any potential discomfort. B: Downshifting gave me the throttle snatch ever present on my 09. Have any of you had a similar experience?
I've had one on my 06 for two years now and absolutely, positively LOVE it with no problems whatsoever.

OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Updating: I put the rocker back on just out of reach on the down side. I can use it intentionally but I don’t have interference with normal riding as when it was always in contact with my palm. Thanks for all your input.

I've had them over the years and consider them "ok" and better than nothing, but still prefer a throttle lock. With a cramp buster you get to relax your grip and stretch your fingers. With a throttle lock you can do that as well, PLUS stretch out your wrist, elbow, arm, shoulder, back, etc. As the miles pile up (and my arthritis gets worse) I'll probably end up using both, but for now, an old school friction lock is my preference.

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
I recently installed a BrakeAway throttle lock. I haven't been on a long ride yet, just an hour or so - but I like it. I was really surprised how good the quality and fit and finish is. Kind of expensive, but it works perfectly and looks pretty good. We will see how it performs over the years I guess.

-Ryan

Top Bottom