Cruise Control - Which one is safer?

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
The TM works for me.
When I use the TM I know I have it on and spinning it off is 'automagical' ie; I don't even know I do it.
The bike has a bank angle sensor which will kill the engine if it falls over (DAMHIKT!).

old fard

Warning-Stand Clear
Bike
ST1300
If you can appreciate quality coupled with great design work, the "Breakaway" has it all. I have had others in the past, they all seemed to work well but this one takes the prize for quality. You get what you pay for (if you're lucky).

i had a throttle lock on my last bike. i found out early on, it didn't work very well. the times i spent monkeying around, trying to get the speed right, was time spent distracted from my primary duty. i for one would never install one again. on the other hand the current bike has a audiovox and would never again own a touring bike without a cruise control!

Bike
1998 CB750
STOC #
I have a Throttlemeister on my ST1300 and like it. Mine is the heavyweight version with the machined bar ends, and looks much classier than the stock bar ends. AFAIK the Throttlemeister is the only lock that works well with Honda's heated grip. That's why I initially chose it. I also have a Vista-cruise lock on my CB750. It costs about $35, and is easier to use than the Thottlemeister since it's thumb activated. It works well and has been tested on numerous all- day rides.

Yes, I'll eventually install a true cruise control, but for now I'm happy with either throttle lock. FWIW I did and IBA Saddle Sore 1000 on 8 October and used the Throttlemeister almost continuously. For the money it's the single best touring farkle I've installed. ;)

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I've had a Throttlemeister on my ST1100 for about 100,000 miles. Works well. I have a cruise control kit sitting on the shelf, waiting for installation, but I haven't felt the urge to go to the trouble of putting it in yet.

Bill

Bike
2006 St1300A
Used to use a Breakaway just replaced it with a McCruise (Australian unit) works the same as the car style, never go back to a mechanical unit again :):):):):)

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I have installed a Throttlemeister on my ST1100 and ST1300 and love it. I have a break-away on the Goldwing (came with the bike). I like the TM better and would not consider it dangerous under any circumstance. I like it when I am riding in the mountains were there is changing conditions, its easy to adjust and takes the stress of the wrist.

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
I have break away and love it, it came on the bike, would I pay for it if it didn't......NO.

Top Bottom