Cruise Control?

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I will test mine to see if turning it off removes the RESUME where you were.
As I said, IIRC it does not but I'll have to check it to be sure.
The reason I say that is the 'brain' stays live as long as the ignition key is on - where you 'turn on' the unit or not.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
The reason I say that is the 'brain' stays live as long as the ignition key is on - where you 'turn on' the unit or not.
Not having a good reason to have to turn off the power is why I was okay without a power switch.

If I remember correctly, I did feed the power through a relay controlled by the ignition kill switch.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
That would be unusual. Every cruise control system that I have ever used looses its set point when it is turned off.
Let me know please.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Every cruise control system that I have ever used looses its set point when it is turned off.
On the MC-Cruise system the on/off button serves 2 functions. 1.Power the system 2. Cancel the system.
1. Use on/off button to power up the unit/system upon initial start up of the bike -- "status" light turns red or blinks red/green, If the status light is blinking red/green the main computer is waiting for an input signal from either the brake or clutch switch. Once the system gets the initial signal the status light will stay solid red. -- When you get to the speed you want - push the the "set" button and the light goes from solid red to solid amber. Then you know you are cruising.
2. To cancel the system while in use -- press the on/off button once, the "status" light will go from amber to red and you begin to coast. It does not loose the last speed setting you were just cruising at but the "status" light will go from amber to red then when you push the "resume" button it will go back to prior set speed and the status light will turn from red to amber again.
Press a second time to shut system off completely, and the status light will turn off completely. DAMHIK.
I use the on/off button all the time to cancel the cruise -- Just push once --(light goes to from solid amber to solid red) and then when you are ready just hit the resume button (light goes from solid red to solid amber) to go right back where the initial speed was set- the speed is set in memory unless you turn off system completely.
I almost never cancel the cruise using the clutch or brake options but anticipate the need to dis-engage the cruise and press the on/off button once and then begin to coast to the stop.

Last edited:
Bike
2007 ST1300
That turns it off, it doesn't cancel it. Canceling the cruise means disabling it from holding the vehicle speed but it remains powered on and retains its memory.
The MC Cruise on/off button serves this cancel function exactly as you explained, when pressed once while the bike is cruising.- The status light turns from green to red and the bike will begin to coast because the cruise was dis-engaged.
If the bike is coasting and you push the on/off button again it shuts the system down completely and the status light goes out completely. This indicates the cruise system is completely shut down and there is no memory of the last setting . Basically you have to start over from there.

Last edited:
Bike
2007 ST1300
Has anyone recently purchased and installed the CRUISE CONTROL FOR HONDA ST1300 / ST1300A (NEW PRODUCT FEATURING OUR COMPACT ELECTRIC SERVO)
Yes, The system works as good as or even better than most automobile cruises I have used.
The only minor complaint I have is the new button icons for the set/acel - on/off- resume/decel. I had to print a label to put on top of the cruise as a cheater to the new icons. Getting old and hard to remember - especially it the spit moment.
Another minor complaint is the status light actually looks like one of the button so sometimes I push it and nothing happens..LOL...

Bulitt

Flori-Duh-Man
Bike
1200GS, 18 Wing DCT
They offer a smaller control now but you have a choice. I went with the smaller bar mounted….

5F5044F9-42A8-4BF6-BF35-C1F6B5E285BD.jpeg

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
On the MC-Cruise system the on/off button serves 2 functions. 1.Power the system 2. Cancel the system.
1. Use on/off button to power up the unit/system upon initial start up of the bike -- "status" light turns red or blinks red/green until the system gets an input from either the brake or clutch switch. Once the system gets the initial signal the status light will stay solid red. -- When you get to the speed you want - push the the "set" button and the light goes from solid red to solid green. Then you know you are cruising.
2. To cancel the system while in use -- press the on/off button once, the "status" light will go from green to red. It does not loose the last setting you were just at but the "status" light will go from green to red then when you push the "resume" button it will go back to prior set speed and turn from red to green again.
Press a second time to shut system off completely, and the status light will turn off completely. DAMHIK.
I use the on/off button all the time to cancel the cruise -- Just push once --(light goes to from solid green to solid red) and then when you are ready just hit the resume button (light goes from solid red to solid green) to go right back where the initial speed was set- the speed is set in memory unless you turn off system completely.
I almost never cancel the cruise using the clutch or brake options.
Thanks for the information. This is what I wanted to know.
I had emailed McCruise. They just replied that the on/off button does this, but didn't explain how it does it. They call it a coast feature. I saw no mention of this feature anywhere on their website. It should be included as a listed feature if it isn't there.

They also stated that it is a feature available on their latest kits. I don't know what latest means, but maybe a lot of the people on here have kits that predate the addition of this feature.

Last edited:
Bike
2007 ST1300
but maybe a lot of the people on here have kits that predate the addition of this feature.
I believe I have the latest updated version with the electronic servo and new switch with the icons only.
Don't forget on this system you can also acel or decel at 1mph increments to get the exact speed you want.

larryg

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Where is it?
I am not referring to disabling it by hitting the brakes or clutch. These are safety over rides, not a cancel feature. I am curious to know if it has an actual cancel feature.

Their pictures only show a power on/off button, a set/acc button and resume/decel button. There is no cancel button.

1649274563796.png
You just tap the on/off button, that cancels the cruise setting. Pushing it again will turn off the cruise system.
But you will find that a quick tap of either brake is much easier. Does the same thing.

I have a denali soundbomb on the right bar under the right fairing so i cant mount the servo there. can the servo be mounted somewhere else?

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
On a ST1100 IIRC they recommend you mount it in the tailpiece.
I mounted the electronic servo up front on the left side on my ST1100 ABSII (my tailpiece was already full of stuff).
It was a 'snug' fit that took some cogitating but I got it sorted.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
The MCCruise serevo is about 2" in diameter and about 10.5" long.

The Rostra servo is rectangular, and is about 3" x 4" x 6".

Top Bottom