CTX1300D running rough. Looking for help/ideas/ SOLVED!

OP
OP
Airhead78
Bike
CTX1300
So the question I will ask "was it really the spark plug or was it just that you disturbed the plug wires?" and the is another issue leaking behind the scenes. It has been awhile since I had a ST1300 but according to the parts diagram the spark plug caps are a separate item from the coils. I would make sure that the caps have a good connection to the wires. I believe the cap screws on to the plug wire. If it were me I would inspect that connection and maybe trim the wire a 1/4" and reassemble. My 2 cents
Thank you. These are good points. Will look into it.

Bike
CTX 1300
.Ride it, don’t mess with it. More likely to create a new problem than discover some deeply hidden cause of the original problem. It won’t let you stranded if it is just a miss fire of one cylinder.
By the way I love my CTX 1300!

OP
OP
Airhead78
Bike
CTX1300
.Ride it, don’t mess with it. More likely to create a new problem than discover some deeply hidden cause of the original problem. It won’t let you stranded if it is just a miss fire of one cylinder.
By the way I love my CTX 1300!
That is what I will do until and if the issue happens again. Agree, great bike. ST1300 too tall for me.

Top Bottom