Custom Ear Plugs with Speakers

Where did I see the custom ear plugs with speakers, seems as though I also saw where you could get a custom fit via the mail and take to a local audiologist if you wanted.

Also, how do you get the correct connector for the radio/intercom that some one is using?

Thanks

STOC #
I had mine done through http://www.azearprotection.com/ I realize they aren't near us, but I thought I'd give my two cents :D

I don't have the speakered kind...just the regular custom ear plugs. Mine were free (I cornered a guy who was an apprentice. While they are learning they have to do x pairs for free before they can start charging), so I can't say if they were worth the money, but I definitely love them. the only noise I hear is a slight bit of wind. With the windshield completely up, its dead silent.

The process of getting them made is a tiny bit uncomfortable (for me anyway), but I wouldn't go back to foam.

FJRHank

"Scooter Pimp"
I tried this route with a local audiologist. Custom plugs with speakers, which sounded okay. The prob I had was that the wind noise was too loud, even if you had music playing.

They had new ones made again, with a longer ear canal, to help with noise but still too loud. So just went with regular custom plugs sans speakers, they are fine.

So if yer using foam, note the NPR rating that works for your wind noise, and let the audiologist know it has to meet that level, else you end up with the obvious hassle of changing ear protection to listen or not listen to music, etc.

thats my .02 anyway ;)

OP
OP
hojo in sc
maldos said:
Motorcycle shows always have booths making these.
Far and few between here, and the shows that I have seen, have NOT had any ear plugs.

Thanks

Rob Hephner

Mobile Pest Control
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
hojo in sc said:
I wonder if Autocom makes an adapter so their cord that comes out of the intercom unit will plug into that 2.5 or 3.0 plug.
Yes, they do!

Part 1188

STOC #
I have a set of the MH1 monitors http://www.azearprotection.com/mh1.htm from Arizona Ear Protection. They are fantastic. Not only do they block the road noise, but when listening to music I am able to run the MP3 players are almost the lowest setting. This has meant a dramatic change in battery life. With my Sony headsets I needed to run the volumn control just under max in order to hear the music.

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
I can't say I have seen them at the motorcycle show in San Mateo, CA when I've gone. There isn't anyone doing them at the AMA Superbike races at Infineon Raceway but there were two vendors doing them at the MotoGP at Laguna Seca. As I recall, their pricing was $50 & $60 for custom ear plugs and $200 and $250 for custom ear plugs with speakers.

Ray

tkresler

.01% squid
I know that the word "Custom" makes everyone feel very happy, but I just finished a 8 day 13 hours a day in the saddle road trip with my ER-6's. They are way cheaper than custom, work phenomially well, and were very, very comfortable. It's to the point that I don't like to ride without them anymore.

Check em out here:
http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6.aspx

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
ER-6's make a good choice for an off the shelf solution. I frequently ride with these when I'm just listening to tunes. I also have a couple of pairs of custom molded ear plugs and they do a great job of keeping the noise level manageable. The audiologist who fitted me spent a fair amount of time to make sure they were right. Got them through my HMO at a reduced cost.

John

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
+2 on the custom earplugs from Marilyn Navia. I have been using mine for 3 years and they are very comfortable and sound great. I recently finished a 2 week trip where I had them in 8 - 14 hours per day without a problem. They sound as good as professional Sennheiser headphones for my home stereo.:D

maldos said:
Marilyn has been at every show that I've been to here in California. She makes molds and speakered molds. Even has connectors for both Autocom and Baher communications

http://www.plugup.com/

drop her an email, she'll answer.
She made me a set of custom-molded plugs with speakers several years ago at the Honda Hoot and I have been extremely pleased. They are rugged, have good sound fidelity, and they are comfortable. Not cheap but well worth the money.
Nunns

STOC #
Highrider said:
+2 on the custom earplugs from Marilyn Navia. I have been using mine for 3 years and they are very comfortable and sound great. I recently finished a 2 week trip where I had them in 8 - 14 hours per day without a problem. They sound as good as professional Sennheiser headphones for my home stereo.:D
+3 On Marilyn Navia. I rode down to Florida to visit family and arranged to meet her down near Pompano Beach. She made the initial molds Tuesday and I wasn't able to meet her the next day to pick them up, so she shipped them and and the finished product arrived at my house Friday.

I love the fit, and noise reduction is excellent. I can finally listen to my mp3 player at interstate speeds without having to crank up the volume.

She goes around to various bike events - I'd suggest emailing her to see if she'll be at an event near you sometime.

Top Bottom