Cycle Gadgets has the Migsel dash mount

Bike
BMW K1300GT
Cycle Gadgets finally has the Migsel RAM accessory shelf for the ST1300 in stock. Just ordered one and I knew a lot of you were interested in it, so just letting everyone know.

Bike
2006 St1300
There's another thread on the Migsel with discussion about a stiffener.

Last edited:
The best GPS mount

I recently bought a 1996 st1100 and want to mount a Garmin nuvi I have. What is the best mount and what is the best place to mount one? I really don't want to cut or make any new holes.

Thanks

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
On an 1100, I would (and did) use a RAM mount on a dash shelf. But I don't know if anyone is still making shelves for the 1100. The dash shelf will fit the bike with no drilling, and then you can drill the shelf for the RAM mount.

Some will mount a GPS between the bars, down fairly low. I don't like having to take my eyes that far off the road, so mount mine up high. Others have used a Ram ball mount on the clutch reservoir (like so: http://www.MCL OUT OF BUSINESS - DO NOT ORDER/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=8 )

I don't like mounting something heavy out on one end of the bars, but the Nuvi is pretty light, so this might be a good approach.

Remember most Nuvis aren't water proof, so don't forget to pack a zip lock bag and a couple of rubber bands for when it rains.

punk rocka

this space for rent
Bike
'06 ST1300
I was just about to pull the trigger on the Migsel dash mount shelf and now they are out and won't have any more until the end of May! :(

Yogi

Have MC -- Will Travel
Bike
Honda GL1800
STOC #
Just got mine last week. Installed it for use with my Zumo 550 with GXM Antenna. I used the Cyclegadgets antenna mount cut off and just sandwiched between the mount and the ST bodywork.

This last weekend took an 880 mile roundtrip to California and the mount worked great. Put the Zumo up in my eyeline and the antenna and zumo are protected by the windshield.

If you travel on very rough road there is some bouncing but on normal road it is fine.

Bike
2006 St1300
Just got mine last week. Installed it for use with my Zumo 550 with GXM Antenna. I used the Cyclegadgets antenna mount cut off and just sandwiched between the mount and the ST bodywork.

This last weekend took an 880 mile roundtrip to California and the mount worked great. Put the Zumo up in my eyeline and the antenna and zumo are protected by the windshield.

If you travel on very rough road there is some bouncing but on normal road it is fine.
:worthless

Do you have pictures??

Yogi

Have MC -- Will Travel
Bike
Honda GL1800
STOC #
Here is a link to the Antenna Mount http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Images/RAM-XM30BRK.jpg

I had to rebend the mount and cut the long end in about 1/2 then I just sandwiched it under the mount and it worked great.

I cut the power cord to the cradle and installed a waterproof two position plug that way I can unplug power unplug the mic and audio out cables and take the cradle and antenna off and secure them if I wish.

Last edited:
Bike
2006 St1300
Here is a link to the Antenna Mount http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Images/RAM-XM30BRK.jpg

I had to rebend the mount and cut the long end in about 1/2 then I just sandwiched it under the mount and it worked great.

I cut the power cord to the cradle and installed a waterproof two position plug that way I can unplug power unplug the mic and audio out cables and take the cradle and antenna off and secure them if I wish.
I like that hookup for the antenna. I mounted mine inside the dash, but I'd like to be able to take the antenna with the GPS to the truck. I have a second antenna, but with a different radio ID that'$ another $ub$cription.

Yogi

Have MC -- Will Travel
Bike
Honda GL1800
STOC #
I like that hookup for the antenna. I mounted mine inside the dash, but I'd like to be able to take the antenna with the GPS to the truck. I have a second antenna, but with a different radio ID that'$ another .
Yeah, Since the antenna is big bucks I didn't want to leave it on the bike all the time. While the antenna mount has a couple of holes for screws to attach the antenna the magnetic mount works just fine and makes it easy to remove. Never understood why they didn't provide a plug for the power though.

Top Bottom