Dash ST1100 I have the picture but need the dash

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
I don't think I have ever seen a dash self like that. Not that I know everything about the ST but that almost looks like it might be a custom made shelf. Possibly fabricated with fiberglass. At least that is what it looks like to me.

OP
OP
GMan
Bike
ST1100 2002
I think it is a manufactured one as if you look close on the top it apears to be a type of blown mold proccess and they have what apears to be drink holders in the top. :fish1:

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
I think it is a manufactured one as if you look close on the top it apears to be a type of blown mold proccess and they have what apears to be drink holders in the top. :fish1:
I really don't see how you can see anything on the top of it like possible drink holders. It looks like someone molded in some gauges like a voltmeter or something. The cup holders that you are talking about are you sure those are not the cat eyes cut in some of the wind screens? Mine has the cat eyes. Where did you find the photo?

OP
OP
GMan
Bike
ST1100 2002
Directly above the Speedo and the temp gauge see those white spots? I believe that is light coming through the windshield and down though the holes I believe to be drink holders. You can kind of make out the shading outline of them.

But then when I was young I thought there were dust bunnies living under the dog house too.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Directly above the Speedo and the temp gauge see those white spots? I believe that is light coming through the windshield and down though the holes I believe to be drink holders. You can kind of make out the shading outline of them.

But then when I was young I thought there were dust bunnies living under the dog house too.
I'm not sure. The glare that you see is where the warning lights are. Now I guess if there are holes through there for a cup holder it would produce a glare on those warning lights but I think there may be other sources for that as well.

Also I should mention that there is a version of the dash shelf that I posted a link to in the first place that does have a cup holder. In case the cup holder is what you are after.

Also I should mention that I have read that someone had a carbon fiber dash shelf. I have never seen one and I have always assumed it looks just like the metal one that I posted a link to. However the one that you showed a photo of looks like it is possibly made form fiber glass or carbon fiber. If it is the carbon fiber one I sure wouldn't have painted it. I know that there were not many made and as I mentioned I have never seen one or even a photo of one.

OP
OP
GMan
Bike
ST1100 2002
I should have mentioned also but you can see inthe picture of the dash the red round gauges to the left and right are an LED clock and Temp
gauge also.

juddspaintballs

Dual Sport Touring
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
STOC #
What's the point of a 2nd clock and 2nd temp gauge? You could put so many other useful gauges in like a volt meter or ammeter or thermometer, etc.

The dash looks custom made to me. The glare from the dash (particularly on the right side) looks a lot brighter/stronger than the glare off of other similar plastic such as the area around the fairing pockets. Almost like the dash is smoothed out a little and painted with a textured paint to mask the molding work.

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
That's grafted in, my best guess is out of something like a Miata or other smallish sports car.

I'm guessing that doesn't look so hot from the front or right over the top. You CAN see light coming through the graft line:)

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I saw that dash on eBay too, here is my thread asking about it.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51412

He says he has a volt meter and an air temp gauge in his if it is the same photo. As far as cup holders, I don't see any but I do see cat-eye cut outs in the windshield that have no grommet around them.

I kind of like it and really like the extra space for 2 more gauges, opens up the possibility's

Bike
2020 BMW S1000XR
STOC #
I started looking for this dash on the site this weekend. (Nov 2 2008)

The bike with this dash was on eBay last month.
The seller was going to check with the original owner of the bike to see where he got it. Unfortunately he never got back to me, so I'm still looking.

Too me it looks like a Honda part. I was wondering if it was an option on the Police ST1100.

One gauge is ambient temperature, and the other is a volt meter or gauge.

I didn't know that all these posts were going on last month. With my post I have had only 5 replies, and no one seems to have any idea who makes, or where this dash comes from. I'm very new to this site and I find it interesting that no one has any idea on this with all the ST1100 knowledge out there.

Bytown Bandit

Last edited:
Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #

The seller was going to check with the original owner of the bike to see where he got it. Unfortunately he never got back to me, so I'm still looking.

Too me it looks like a Honda part. I was wondering if it was an option on the Police ST1100.

I didn't know that all these posts were going on last month. With my post I have had only 5 replies, and no one seems to have any idea who makes, or where this dash comes from. I'm very new to this site and I find it interesting that no one has any idea on this with all the ST1100 knowledge out there.

Bytown Bandit
It isn't related to the Police bike. That only adds a different right switch pod, different seat (solo seat) and light mounting points. That is about it.

OP
OP
GMan
Bike
ST1100 2002

Bytown Bandit
Ditto

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
Quote by Bytown Bandit
I'm very new to this site and I find it interesting that no one has any idea on this with all the ST1100 knowledge out there.
Which tells me that it is a grafted in one of a kind. I'm guessing that it doesn't look very good from the top. I'd be willing to guess that if this item were now or once available to ST1100 owners, you and I would both know about it.

I have done some grafting of street rod parts. You take your imagination and a tape measure to the junk yard and go for it:) Then it depends entirely on your skills....

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Tom, would your waterproof speakers fit into something like that? Surely someone here has the skills to modify a dash surround that way.

Top Bottom