Dashboard fogging / misting

Hello!
Has anyone suffered with their dash fogging up?
Went to work this AM, on way home could barely see lower half of the dash due to misting up internal on the dash!
this is moisture getting in somehow? Anyone suffered this and have a remedy?

now using bike to work as cage got written off last week, so if I need to disassemble I’d ideally wait until warmer weather!
Cheers

mjc506

Matt
Bike
ST1300A2, CRF250L
Nothing else for it, you'll have to keep it in the living room over night :)

Mine does it occasionally if left outside in the cold and damp, but it clears up after a couple days of use. The dash isn't completely sealed - it has vents on the rear, so airborne moisture will get in and then condense on the display (the internals warm up a little, but the plastic 'screen' stays cold for longer, so that's where the condensation ends up). Equally, the small amount of heat building up in the dash will slowly dry itself out through those same vents.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Never saw that happen before. I've ridden in light rain, mist and fog but only had exterior moisture. That aside, mine lives inside the garage when not being ridden.
Let us know if you find a specific cause other than environment.

OP
OP
I’ve taken the dash off the bike, not actually that bad to get too!
the front dash housing plastic is cracked just below the glass section in 3 places, hairline cracks but can feel them with fingernail - also looks as if the glass/clear part has lost bond with the black plastic in places. So I have used some superglue to seal the cracks for now.
Once the glue is dried I’ll shove it in airing cupboard for s day or so! :rofl1:
I’ve also ordered new front housing, but thats on back order…. So will stick it sll back on bike until part arrives.
Cheers all!

So I have used some superglue to seal the cracks for now.
It's been my particular experience, with this type of repair, "super glue" might become brittle over time. I've found it's best to use a great clear bonding glue, that is also a bit "flexible" ... something along the lines of a vinyl, fabric and plastic flex adhesive.

Though of course, whatever you've used might have the properties.

Top Bottom