Day 2 with the 1600 GTL

OP
OP
clmixon
Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
Cut down a major pine in the yard last year and we are still waiting for all the lift to settle before we have it broken up and redone. There are no freezes here so its mostly cosmetic, they don't spread much.

OP
OP
clmixon
Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
Day 3 plus

Not much riding, :(. Only at 98 miles now. I did get the IPod cable for $20 bucks form Mini instead of the $79 cable from BMW and got the Sena doped out. Turns out the navigator 4 Bluetooth is on by default and causes interference.

My newest observation is that the amount of tourqe is amazing too. 5th gear, slowed to under 10 mph and still so shudder, hesitation or stumble, just smoothly pulled back up to speed.

The 1600 feels much smaller and lighter than the 1300 while moving, turns in easier and you can move your line without any problem while leaned Way way over.

giong for a quick ride today too, but no long stuff for a couple of weeks due to work stuff.

chris

STOC #
From one Chris to another, you will continue to love it as have I on my 2013 GT... over 8,000 miles since October and still loving it... need help on anything, drop me a line... I have pretty much added everything from the BMW accessory catalog and can give you some tips... you should also visit: http://www.k1600forum.com/ for more info.

Not sure if you haven't added any engine protection bars, but before you do anything else... do it... dropping the bike without it can get expensive, particularly to the engine block.

Have fun with it... Chris

OP
OP
clmixon
Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
From one Chris to another, you will continue to love it as have I on my 2013 GT... over 8,000 miles since October and still loving it... need help on anything, drop me a line... I have pretty much added everything from the BMW accessory catalog and can give you some tips... you should also visit: http://www.k1600forum.com/ for more info.

Not sure if you haven't added any engine protection bars, but before you do anything else... do it... dropping the bike without it can get expensive, particularly to the engine block.

Have fun with it... Chris
I have the engine guards, factory LED lights and highway pegs on it so far. Got the BMW Mini Ipod cable and it works for about 5 minutes at a time, apparently there is a software update I need since mine is a 12, not a 13 to fix this.

I am probably going to add the Wanderlitch rear tipover bars, some LED brakelights, either Skene or Whelen and some bag liners Been so long since I had to shop for Frakles, I think I forgot how :)

I am trying to join the K1600 forum, but I cannot get the admins to confirm, can;t get the e-mail to confirm and nobody will respond to my email requesting help from the admins, I think Joe needs a new sub-site...:)

Rode the ST for about an hour, man do I still like that bike, then I rode the 1600, Man do I like that bike too ( I think I am conflicted)

This is now Day 7, still only 180 miles on the 1600, the ST is at Day 2,576 and has 99, 260 and weather permitting, 100K this weekend.

Chris

Last edited:
Top Bottom