Deer Hunting with the ST

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
That was a fast settlement! No buy back huh? That's interesting. I might be looking to change my Insurance company.

Well good luck on you search... I know where there's a '03 St1300 in Colorado Springs! Just ask Khris which dealer he left it with for his Goldwing! :rofl1:

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Just got my settlement amount from Geico, it was very fair. What they did tell me, which was of interest is that they do not offer a retention (e.g. buyback), so I'll be shopping for a new bike, it'll be very tempting to go for a later year ST again, but those BMW's might cause me to go in another direction.

Also, as SMSW said, I have not done a close inspection and there could be more damage as the windscreen was broken and carriage mechanism for it was smashed-in as well, so at this point I will not complain and just feel lucky. I'm sure those right side red panels (undamaged ones) will make it on the market somewhere sometime.

Since no buyback, and if possible, try to pull off any farkles that you can (seat, tpms, gps, highway blades, etc), unless they were fair enough to include them in your settlement.

OP
OP
Bike
2008 ST1300 ABS
Fork brace? Highway wings? Tip-over bars? Gear indicator? Front fender extension?

I'll buy the fork brace.
You definitely have a good memory, I had a hard enough time remembering May 22nd. But, if I do not stay with the ST, there will be a few items you mentioned available at a good price, plus a Russel Day Long seat and 50L Shad topcase that is color matched to the 2008 Red ST.

keith.mallett

ST1300Nut
Bike
ST1300A
Practice - Practice -Practice
Training - Training - Training

Can I get you to teach the new lesson I added on "Avoiding Deer"? No one has volunteer to demo the the lesson on "Dancing with Moose" that I added last year.

Glad you are ok! Time for some new cowling, a winter project I guess.

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Read with interest as I was trucking along at a good clip on my FJR yesterday and leaned in on a curve and caught a glimpse and there was a doe sitting in the other lane and she just casually started to stroll into my lane and broke fairly hard, came up to her and she just looked off and walked on off into the woods. Women, wont get out of your way for nothing!
On a serious note, glad you are ok and that I did not join you.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Just got my settlement amount from Geico, it was very fair. What they did tell me, which was of interest is that they do not offer a retention (e.g. buyback), so I'll be shopping for a new bike, it'll be very tempting to go for a later year ST again, but those BMW's might cause me to go in another direction.

Insurance company's are not in the bike selling or auction business, it's easier for them to just turn it over to an auction yard and write it all off.

I offered to buy back my last wrecked ST (#3) and was given a nonsense price of $6,000 or so by the insurance company, which I . . . declined. The bike was turned over to an auction yard in Knoxville and sold for $450 or so I think. Find out where your bike went and you might be able to get it for parts early cheap.

My first ST ('07) met a similar fate and whomever bought it parted it out on eBay. It was easy to recognize my wolf logo on the side bag being sold! :)

Shuey

Top Bottom